MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Boils and ingrown hairs

Karen

I am on several differnt kinds of medications for different diseases. I started getting boils or "risings" as the old folks used to call them under my arm pits and in the crease of my theighs and on my theighs and arms. Is there any natural way to flush my system to get rid of what ever toxins that are building up in my system to cause this? This is the second time I've had this problem, the last time was 3 years ago.This time is worse because I'm having to lance them 2 and 3 time to completely clean them out, then they turn into blood blisters that I have to lance and drain again. I been told to start taking goldenseal, but I'm unsure.

Karen these boils most likely ARE the toxins flushing out of your system. The skin is one of the best detoxifiers there is besides the colon. It often will erupt in boils or a rash when it's detoxifying the system. Keeping the colon clean is one way to handle toxins. The beet juice that's reccomended is a great detoxifier but some people can only handle small amounts at a time because it IS such a good cleanser. If I use more than a half a raw small beet (juiced) at a time I get a terrific headache. Eating them cooked doesn't bother me at all though. Juicing is a great way to detox but remember that juicing, in and of itself, can cause boils when you first start.

If your skin is not too sensitive, try dry brushing with a natural or loufa sponge or a soft brush or rough towel. Sometimes that helps.

To draw the boil to a head, use hot compresses made from Plantain leaves. They work great and fast. Believe it or not, a poultice of just plain bread mixed to a dough with milk also makes a great drawing poultice. Just tape either of these in place over night or a few hours and see if they don't work. After the boil is opened, even if you do lance them, you can use honey as a great healer that normally doesn't allow the swelling to occur again.

Goldenseal is pretty potent but extremely effective. I would suggest, however, you check out the interaction between your medicines and any herb you might decide to take. Some herbs intensify the effect of medications and that would only make the boils worse.

Another suggestion, check to see if boils are a side effect of one particular med. (Look it up and read the fine print.) It might be possible to have the doctor change it to one that is less toxic. Is there an herbal alternative to the medications you are currently taking?

I hope all our suggestions help. I've had boils like that before and they are NOT nice.

(((((Karen)))))

I would get boils when I was younger. All I remember is my great-aunt would heat up a pop bottle (glass) and put the mouth of it over the boil. The vaccuum it created would draw out the infection. It would hurt like h***!! Then she would put aloe on it. I never had a boil in the same place twice.

Thanks for all the advice. Don't think I'll try the hot bottle to get them to come to a head tho, they are painful enough. I understand that they are a sign of the toxins comming out of my body, I just don't understand why. I haven't had any of my medicines changed in about a year. I will be trying the bread and milk paste to draw some. My problem is that they are deep boils, it takes about 3 lancings to get them to quit rising and filling with more infection, them they turn into equally painful blood blisters from all the bruising I've had to cause to squeeze them. I have three doctors and all say the same story, nothing I'm taking will cause this, yeah right. The only good thing about the whole situation is that finally after 10 years of pain and misery, my R.A. has gone into remission.

Karen, The fact that you have your RA under control makes me ask how? Is it just due to the meds or have you been doing anything different in your life? Better diet, nutrition, stress relief or lifestyle change? Those are things that will also bring about healing and also toxin removals.

First off I lost a major load of stress when my son came home safe from Iraq, I've weaned myself down to 1 xanax a day, and I've lost 65 lbs. So I guess all combined with the meds it finally happened. I'll never be 100% because of my other physical problems but getting my RA in remission helps a whole lot to making me feel better.

Archived