MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Crazy, crazy, crazy...

TheCG

I play in the SCA (exceedingly fun medieval recreation) and will be going to a week-long event in the middle of March.

Since this event is a week long, I have to take a ton of garb to wear. Which means I have to sew until my fingers fall off. Which means I may not be popping on here as often as I'd like.

I'm also working on acquiring all the stuff I'm going to take with me, some of which will double as preps. I may end up picking up a Mr. Heater and need to figure out what kind of blankets are warm if it gets cold while we're out there.

Add in the fact that I just started a financial planning class one night a week, have a guy I should occasionally go

Quote:
need to figure out what kind of blankets are warm if it gets cold while we're out there.

Wool... !

See if there are any resale shops, etc. with good quality wool blankets. Not many people like them because they *can* be "itchy", but they're the best for the money.

Cat - I'm mildly allergic to some kinds of wool, but have been told that one of the military surplus stores has wool blankets for $10. Considering buying a few and just making sure I lay them in a way where they won't be up against my skin.

Now, sleep.

Quote:
I play in the SCA (exceedingly fun medieval recreation)

I may end up picking up a Mr. Heater and need to figure out what kind of blankets are warm if it gets cold while we're out there.

Scratching head... medieval recreation and Mr. Heater

what is wrong with this picture? hum.. dark ages and age of modern technology? am I missing something?

wool blankets.... quilt a duvet (cover) and slip the wool blanket inside, use embroidery thread to tie it off and secure it.

(hide the Mr. Heater... I mean how would that look?)
Quote:
Scratching head... medieval recreation and Mr. Heater

what is wrong with this picture? hum.. dark ages and age of modern technology? am I missing something?

I did go pick up a few of the wool military blankets. I'll end up inside my sleeping bag with them on top of it. If that doesn't work, then I'll see about sewing a cover.

I did laundry today. I washed most of my fabric. I had about 6 baskets with fabric/clothes falling off. That was fun.

Archived