MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wonderful Saturday

mommafitz

Well it's been a frustrating 24 hours.

I do believe we are car cursed. The car we've been borrowing started stalling out yesterday-while doing 75 on the highway. I'm hoping we got some bad gas or that the pressure sensor in the fuel pump is not happy because there's only like 1/4 tank in there (must give DH wet noodle flogging for letting it get that low anyway). Where he got gas usually has good gas but anything can happen, and the ground is absolutely saturated here because of all the snow, so some water could have gotten in there.

Snowmom, when do you get your test results?

Momma, I used to love Saturdays, too, for those reasons. Now that DH is working weekends we haven't done any of that, but hopefully we'll be back to regular soon. This 13 day schedule they have him on is going to make him sick.

But...they have a temporary postmaster in there right now, called an Officer In Charge, because their regular pm had to have eye surgery, and DH;s supervisor told him yesterday that they are going to have to make some changes about him, but didn't have time to go into details-so hopefully today we will know what that is about. I'm hoping that the changes will be less hours/less responsibility (he's still only a temp) and that will spur him to find a different job. He really enjoys it there most of the time and I can appreciate that, but they usually have him working split shifts, so he spends 12-14 hours a day away because gas is too expensive for him to come home (he's come home twice, once with a four hour span between shifts and once with a six), and he only gets a day off once every two weeks. It's frustrating!

OK, I really am done complaining. We're supposed to get more snow today so I'm looking foward to a morning of housework and then a lazy afternoon watching movies and snuggling on the sofa bed with the kiddoes. I picked up some chicken on sale last night at our local market, and if the car situation is just bad gas, I'm going to pick up some more. I'd really love to get it put away so I can can it. But I think I'm going to use one package for fried chicken for Sunday dinner tomorrow, that sounds soooooooooooo good. Not sure what's for dinner tonight, though.

OK, off to read about those Fema camps.

Mo7

Well here it is Sat. Well I have torn up my office or the dump as I call it.After two years of not feeling well and having surgery three times I have let my house go. Oh I would do the center of the room but the dust here is unhealthy. So I am taking everything out of my office and vacuming the bookshelves and every book and that is saying something because I have about 300 in here. I am in the mood to clean out this house. I will attack one room at a time and work until the cleaning is done and junk to the goodwill or who ever will have it.

Wish me luck !!!

Archived