MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

teeth

zzelle

i have a friend who has really bad teeth and she can not afford to go to the dentist. are there any natural medicinces she can take for infection, pain, etc, untill she can see the dentits? any help would be greatly app. i will let her know what you guys say

zzelle--I don't know about Natural Med. but if she lives close to a dental school they can do the work almost for free. I had a friend that had about 10 thousand dollars in work done.

Infections are nothing to mess around with.

BiscuitMaker's right. Infections in your gums can damage your heart or even kill you.

I love the idea about the dental school!

If your friend is looking for a temporary fix, cloves will kill the pain, but they won't cure anything. Either dab on oil of cloves or hold a whole clove against the painful area.

The others are right, infection in the teeth is nothing to mess around with.

That said, we might all need to have an idea of handling dental problems on our own if TSHTF. Isn't there a link somewhere to "if a dentist is not available"? Can't remember where I saw it but it was on the site somewhere along with "if there's no Doctor available".

The clove oil will help the pain, before and AFTER dental work both and is antiseptic as well. Thyme tea is also very antiseptic used as a rinse. She might be able to up her garlic and take echinacea, astralagus and etc to boost her immune system to fight the infection. Vitamin C could help also. And the old stand by is important...Rinse with salt water often....

Off subject somewhat, at Wynn Dixie they had a tiny little jar of "temporary filling," to get you by untill you have time to get to a dentist, dries hard and repairs missing fillings. I got a little jar for the cabinet. Ya never know, and for less than 4.00 I couldn't resist.

My DH uses something called "Ioxan". We buy it from

http://www.baar.com/ It's an herbal gum massage and mouthrinse.

Sometimes his gums get puffy and his teeth start hurting and he uses this on them to stop the pain and puffiness. Eventually he will have to go to a dentist, but he has balked at that for a number of years and keeps using Ioxan. You could try this but keep a dentist in mind. It's not a permanent fix.

Archived