MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thrilling thursday!

MommyofSeven

Hey, if yesterday can be a wild wednesday, today can be a thrilling thursday!

Well, we did not get as much done as I wanted yesterday. The one thrift store was closed, and we decided not to drive to the other one cause it's a long drive and once you start, you're committed cause there's no where to turn arund LOL. So we only made it to WM.

Filled two carts and still did not finish, may go back tomorrow to finish depending on when DH gets off work. I got too tired to finish...which was actually a good thing cause the little car we have been borrowing was FULL! But I did get stocked up on a few things and will finish asap. I kind of have to hsop for a month at a time cause DH doesn't have regular days off, he's gone as long as 3 weeks without one, and if I'm tired or we have another project going, then it doesn't get done. I will be so glad when I get my driver's license back LOL. Then I can go when DH is at work, and just drop him off and pick him up if we only have one car.

Anyway, my neighbor stopped by to chat yesterday and ended up staying an hour. Was nice to sit and talk with her. She was the one that lost the baby a few months back. She's expecting again, and her doc said what happened was so rare, there's only like a 1% chance of it happening again. I'm so happy for her. She's happy, too, but reserved. I don't think she'll be truly excited until she's holding a healthy baby in her arms. I'm sure I'd feel the same way.

Today is going to be an easy day. I'm going to clean out and wash both fridges, and start redoing the pantry. That and dishes will be about it. Tomorrow I"ll work more on the pantry.

Dinner is sausage and potatoes. I'm still craving cheesy gooey stuff LOL.

Mo7

I am planning a boring day - cooking something or other - Don't know what, yet - probably a chili-corndog casserole (much less exciting than it sounds), doing laundry, teaching, maybe a little sewing, and the ever-popular breaking up fights between the kids.

I might bake some Black Pepper cookies.

I wish spring would hurry up and get here! I am sick of being cooped up in the house, sick of rain (they're calling for thunderstorms today), and sick of eating out of the freezer! I want something fresh from the garden!!!

Think I have cabin fever? *sigh*

Hello every one!

I am not sure about the thrilling Thursday. It was just plain hot. In fact now that Summer has officially ended it is the hottest it has been all year! Plus add to that high humidity and I think you can get the picture. Oldest DD wanted to go shopping, so it was drive her in to Bundy. I told her I would pay the petrol but she had to buy lunch! My favourite brand of TP was on special for nearly half price, so I got 3 packs of 18 - they are sitting in the hall cos the cupboard is already full from the special three weeks ago!

2nd DD rang this week, she is trying to organise a wedding for her friend. The friend is in hospital with cancer, has been in and out over the last 18 months. She doesn't have long and so wedding plans are brought forward. The fun part is Liz is in Cairns (way up north) and Maree is in Brisbane (4 hours south) and her fiance, John is in Hervey Bay (about 1 hour east of here and the wedding is to be in Brisbane. So Liz is quizzing them on their dream wedding plans and trying to get it together for them in three weeks. They will be allowed one night out of hospital for Maree.

Now I am going to do some sewing, if i can get enough air flow around me. There are only 3 more days till I start studies again

Have a good day!

Sue

Archived