MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

(Older)Newbie here

ladybugsmom

Hi everyone,

I just registered but have been lurking for a couple of years. I am Bethany's MIL and Panic's mom. I told them about this site a while ago and so I finally decided to join in. You are all so very informative and have a lot of wisdom to share. Maybe I can chime in now and then. grin

Welcome Lynne,

Shoots, we don't have all the cupboards installed yet. Can't offer you any of our traditional goodies like tea and cookies and chocolate.

On the other hand, no one can start a food fight tonite either.... wink

MtRider

Dee,

Any problems with ice recently?? We were without power for four days. I am seriously mad at myself for the food situation. We were fine for heat (fuel oil & wood) light (lanterns) but food... I was seriously un-prepared. busted

Yep, we had ice and snow. DS was stranded in his semi south of Atlantic, literally sitting on highway 71, Thursday night and got as far as Perry Sat. night and spent the night in the Hy-Vee parking lot. Thank heavens it wasn't too cold.

We were w/o electricity 5 hours the first weekend but only 1/2 hour the second.

I SHOULD have been prepared. We heard all week it was coming BUT I messed around here all day and never put water in the tub to use for flushing, didn't take a shower or do any laundry. I know better than that and was really mad at myself but....., well, I did learn my lesson by the next weekend. smile

Tomorrow it's to get to 40 up here with 3 mile an hour winds so it should be a great day to get outside to do my walking.

I bet it's going to be much warmer where you are. Is your snow gone? Ours should be before long with these temps. Ah, spring!!!!

Are you in a town or country mouse? I'm a country mouse.

Oh definitely a country mouse... grin it's actually funny because I was raised in So.Cal. and my family thinks I'm from another planet. Supposed to be nice (60's) here today and we didn't have as much sitting snow as you so most of it is already gone.

NO!!!! I was raised in So. CA too and my family also thinks I'm from another planet............too funny!!!

Much of the snow here is gone, except where it's been piled up when DH moved it. Sat. and Sun. were beautiful but today is foggy and dreary. That's ok though as it's better than more snow and ice.

Originally Posted By: ladybugsmom
Thanks everybody I appreciate the welcome. I'm looking forward to the changes, this ought to be interesting (I'd like to add a smiley here but I can't figure out how to do that on a reply)

Good for you posting already ! smile
for the smilies we have so far (getting more back we hope) just look at the tool bara bove your post? 4th one back from the right is a smilie in a box - just click on him and more smilies come up . . . pick one and it will show up in your post.
'wherever the curser is'

AmishMichael2.jpg
Michael

Welcome ladybugsmom!

If you use quick reply at the bottom of the page, you won't see a box of smilies. Using quick reply you have to manually type in the smiley code.

One of these : followed by one of these )...without a space between them...makes one of these ---> smile

Archived