MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Good Tuesday Morning

MomM

Good morning everyone. It's 52 right now, and may reach 79 this afternoon. Not sure what all I'll accomplish today. May try and make up a batch of chili and can it. I canned 7 qts of spaghetti sauce on Sat. so, I'm gradually getting back into canning mode. Take care everyone.

Today is dreary and cool, but at least the wind has died down. I read somewhere this morning that if it were Oct instead of May, this "subtropical" system would have been a named tropical storm. It sure has been windy enough for one!

I am going to the Family History Center this morning, and then I hope to get the laundry caught up this afternoon. It will be strange to see an empty laundry hamper. By Thursday the weather is supposed to clear up, and then I can go pick strawberries. Jam!!!

GOODMORNINGDOGS.jpg and HAPPYTUESDAY.gif everyone. smile

We have 63 degrees right now with 75 as our high for today, this is according to the Weather Bug. smile The sun is shining so nice today. smile

Oh rootdigger, you are so lucky to have a FHC close to you. There is one about 48 miles from us, but we never know when it is open. It is in a church, so they are only open a couple days a week or something like that. We just don't get over to get in. frown I would soooooo love to be close enough that I could go when I wanted to and get information. smile

This morning we will have ORANGEJUICE2.jpgTEAINGLASSCUP.jpgCOFFEEBLUECUP.gif and WAFFLES1.jpg for breakfast. Oh, I do wish this for real as I haven't eaten yet. smile

I am not just sure what I will get done today but there is always something that needs to be done. I didn't get the dishes done last night, so they are waiting for me this morning.

I really would love to get into my sewing room and get that rearanged. smile

Well, you all take care and HAVEANICEDAY8.gif

Good morning everyone! It's beautiful and sunny today. sunning

Yesterday I decided that after DS got on his bus for school I would go for a walk...it's been a REALLY long time since I've been on a real walk blush, I walked to a friend's house to see if she was home yet, she lives on a road behind me on a beautiful back road (I live right off the highway cry), and I found out it only takes me 20 minutes to walk there. I got to the top of her driveway, didn't see her truck, so I walked back home. I didn't even stop to have a cigarette, figured if I could make it one way without one, I could make it back home. I stopped at the nursery on the way home and bought myself an oregano plant as a present for actually doing a walk (I'm always thinking how I should, then talk myself out of it by all the stuff I have to do here at home)

I wasn't home long before my friend was on her way home and asked if I wanted to come over since it was nice and do some weeding for her, since I called her on Friday and asked her if she had any work for me, I'm not liking having to ask DH for $ for my bills every week. So I drove to her house and weeded a section by her upper pond (with a waterfall) leading down to the lower pond for two hours. Today I have a sunburn (but it doesn't feel as bad as it looks) and sore muscles, but I feel good because I finally did some WORK!

Jackie said I can work 2 hours a week or 2 hours a day, she doesn't care, she knows I have my own stuff to do while the kidlets are at school canning :ebay: sewingdisheslaundry so whenever I want to work I can. What a great boss! And she knows I have IBS so she won't get mad at me and fire me for any "missed" days. Perfect for me!

She's going to put in another waterfall, so that's what I'm clearing and afterwards, she said if I want to, I can help her do some landscaping as she's going to make another raised garden.

So now I have a good way to get a work out and money! woohoo Sad to say the most exercise I usually get is cleaning my house, now hopefully I can keep this up!

Now to hurry and get off the 'puter so I can clean up before I go again today. (I THINK I'm just going to walk there everyday, since I know how long it takes and I can be back before the kids!)

Hope everyone has a great day! bighug

Originally Posted By: Snowmom

Oh rootdigger, you are so lucky to have a FHC close to you. There is one about 48 miles from us, but we never know when it is open. It is in a church, so they are only open a couple days a week or something like that. We just don't get over to get in. frown I would soooooo love to be close enough that I could go when I wanted to and get information. smile

Oh, I have no problem getting in whenever I want to. After all, I am the Director. whistle The problem is getting to do any work when anybody else is there. crazy I had not seen any of the daytime staff in months, so I got to catch up on their lives. :gathering:

I also got to learn that we need new bulbs for the microfiche veiwers, more pens, solve some computer issues, and take one of the staff members back to her home for a forgotten disk. Not one bit of genealogy did I do. Maybe tomorrow.

Nice day today-HOT. The wind finally quit, just a light breeze off the lake.

Finally got all the chicks moved outside. DBF built me a 'chick house' last week. It is 4x4x4, and we attached one of the 4x8 pens that he built to it. Last night I moved the polish and the banties out and today I pulled the other 4x8 pen out of the Boar's Nest and added that, so now it's 8x16, plus some. grin The first section was mostly dirt and in 2 days the chicks had anything that was green gone, so I added the second pen at an angle, so that it is in the grass. Still working on getting them to quit picking at the little polish chicks. Poor little bald heads. frown

Started cleaning out the Boar's Nest-BOY, is it dusty from them chicks. Our first fishing party is June 9, so gotta get busy and get everything straightened out and ready. Also need to start getting some fishing done-just in case...

Mama Cally is FAT! She was laying on my lap yesterday and I could feel the babies moving. Should have kitties in a week or so I'd guess. smile

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week.

bighug2.gif and Kiss-On-Cheek.gif

Archived