MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Recipe for a wicked good pie.......

Raspberry Topped Lemon Pie

3 Egg Yolks

1 (14 oz) can of Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed MILK

1/2 cup Lemon Juice

1 (6 oz) Keebler Graham Cracker Pie Crust shell

[pre-heat oven to 325]

With a mixer...Beat Egg Yolks and Milk until well blended...add Lemon....blend well.

Pour into pie crust......Bake 30 minute

While pie is baking......prepare Topping:

1 (10 oz) box of frozen Red Raspberries (in syrup)

1 Tablespoon Cornstarch

In saucepan...combine Berries and Cornstarch

Cook-stiring until it thickens and the color becomes "clearer"

When baked pie is done.....top with Raspberries and chill at least 4 hours.

(Can be topped with real whipped cream)

That sounds wonderful Deb, I'm going to try that one. I have all the ingredients so might try it tommorrow night. I'll let you know how it goes, thanks.

Hi Lowie-Happy G........ Funny MOMO...... and RECi....just don't bake it.....twill be plenty mushy!

Frannie...make it anyway....so ya eat a whole pie....i won't tell....and i won't tell ya that i did it (hope snow/suzzee and goosie don't see this....i'm suposed to be on my diet...sshhhhh)

I hope you guy's do make it ...it really is a great taste combo...tart and sweet....and rich.....Let me know!

deb

Your pie sounds wickedly low cal.....hahaha......will definately try it next time I have to make dessert. Bought a chocolate cheese cake yesterday......my kids love cheesecake... fortunately I can resist it......I'm not a huge dessert fan.... will take Lays Potatoe chips over dessert anytime.......

Okay Miss Debbielee...If I was one to not accept responsibility for my actions, I would be blaming you for this full tummy feeling at 9:40 tonight...My DS and I ate a whole pie!!

At our next school potluck, I know what I'm sharing...Thanks Deb

No, no, no!!!

must... keep... control...

THINK!...

sweets... not... needed!...

must... not... make... delicious... pie!!!

(luckily for my self-control, I'd have to go buy the raspberries, and so it'll have to wait till next week!)

Debbielee,I gained about 6 pounds over the holidays, then the flu took them off. I have a few more to take off, but I'm in the process of a financial situation that will take a few weeks more and my nerves are on edge right now. I don't dare eat anything that will break my diet right now.LOL