MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I am here!

Pixie

I have been away for a while. its been crazy here with flooding and everyting. the water reached us to within a block. if we had a basement, it would have flooded. they told us to prep for 3 weeks with no hydro, and up to 2 months with no grocery stores. so i have been stocking and prepping, and putting uo with other peoples attutudes... they all say it wont happen and they are not bothering. one lady said that she bought a bottle of water. A BOTTLE. yeah...that'll help...for a few minutes. :-|

one person said on the news that if thier house floods they are going to hope. so, poeple in hope see that announcement and think we are safe because people are planning to come here if anything happens.

hope is surrounded by water on 3 sides, and we are backed up to a mountain. highways have been closed, rivers flooding, mountains falling all around us and the sheeple of hope say why prep? just the other week a couple were crushed by an avalance while driving to hope.

here is my town. http://www.hopebc.ca/h.window.arialview.html people dont think we will flood. sheeple make me mad.

anyways, prepping for disaster is not all i have been up to of course. i have been making a lot of shawls and blankets and stuff. tons of jellies and paperwork. char and i are preparing for farmers markets. we just got our recipes approved by the health board for selling them at the farmers market. plus out lable design was approved and we decided on a name for our buisness. ceall na sidhe it's gaelic for fairy cathedral. pronounce it kil na shee.

i have also been volunteering in the community with brigade days. its a local festival that occurs in september. but there have been squabbling and arguements between community groups, and i want it all to end!! the squabbling that is. our our-long meeting winds up being a 2 and a half hour b!tch fest (excuse the term) so we are trying to sorty that out and get down to buisness. its the politics of the thing...yarrr...

my husbands grandmother is arrived from chile. she speaks some english, but not much, so i am having to learn spanish faster... it is still slow going. sometimes i feel like i will never learn!! i have a program that is called "the rosetta stone" i think i will try to spend more time with that learning. i have only completed the first lesson so far.

on the third i will be flying out to visit jo and family. hopefully see the baby too!! i am excited about that.

i hope you have all kept well!

Hi Pixie, it's been a while.

What a fantastic picture, you'd imagine it as a backdrop to a fantasy movie. But yeah, looks like flood preps would be high on my wish list if I lived there. Mind you - I sailed around Campbell River BC a long time ago. You must own a boat of sorts with that much water. Regards to Jo, Not seen her post for a while either.

OH my gosh Pixie those mountains are beautiful! So glad to hear from you.. How much longer does Jo have left before the baby gets here? Tell I said good luck! Hugs to you both!

Dawn

Pixie, it is go good hearing from you! We miss you and Jo.

Give her our love, and lots of hugs for the new little one (thinking positive that you will be there when the baby arrives).

Glad you are prepping, even if the sheeple aren't. What a lovely area you are in! Thanks for the picture!

Take care.

And I thought my front yard was something to look at! A beautiful place you live in but yes I can understand why flood prep would be a priority. Glad to hear things are going well though. Hope Jo has a short post time and you get to see the newbie. Best wishes on your trip and congrads on the label and health approval for the farmers market. Lots of luck with the spanish. just remember that "muy picito" means very little. LOL ttfn praying

UKguy, rambo was filmed here. (the scene on the bridge)

dawn, jo is due july 7

i love this town because it is so beautiful, but the mountains trap a lot of the pollution and so the air quality is not that great. pat has been suffering with a lot of allergies since we moved here, and it drains his energy. i have develpoed allergies since living here, but thw water is awsome! next time you buy a bottle water look to see where it was bottled. nestle and aberfoyle waters are bottled here in hope. its really is fresh spring water, the same as we get in our taps.

thanks for the warm welomes (re-welcomes?:P)

its good to be back, i have missed you all!

:hello2: Good to see you back Pixie. I didn't know that about bottled water coming from your area. Will check the nestle bottles next time I go to store. From the picture they could speed up on the production right now and lower the water levels for ya! LOL. Give Jo our love and enjoy visit. Can't remember if you already said but expecting boy or girl?

bighug

lake pixie!!! i want a lake so i can name it lake pixie. :P

as for what sheis expecting, we dont know, as long as he or she is healthy. it is all boys on kevins side of the family, so it will likely be a girl. lol it just seems to work out that way in my family. :P

Archived