MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

So...how'd I do, folks? :)

Vic303

Yes it says cooker on it, but as old as it is, I am not sure that means anything. The jar rack is clearly sized for a 921 and I am guessing is original. I plan on contacting AllAmerican and talking with them about it this next week.

You did GOOD! cheer

If it works like mine, you just need the little weight thingy that covers the 'chimney' on the right (to hold in the pressure). I'll bet you can still buy one from AA.

When contacting companies for old used things (specifically my canner and my food processor), I've found it effective to make remarks like "when I saw your product name, I knew it was quality" and "I'd to hate to misuse it and injure myself or others." They're usually pretty quick to - at the very least - mail me a photo copy of the manual that was provided with that exact item.

You go girl!!

I am still waiting for it to arrive. It appears to be in fact a real 921, just a real old one! They shipped it Parcel post (YUCK!) so it might be here by Christmas...

Vic

Actually it was on my porch today when I got home from teh store! Alas, one bakelite bolt handle was damaged in shipping. frown But the canner itself is in good shape. The jar rack is rusted so the inside of the canner is discolored too, but no warpage was noted. I will need a new dial gauge--this one appears to be at least 40yrs old by the styling, so I will dismount it and buy a new one. Also is missing the weight.

On a disconcerting note: None of the NTX county extension offices will do pressure testing any more. Not sure what one is supposed to do to get a unit tested these days!

--Vic

Archived