MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Burned On Pasta

My 11 year old son tried to make some pasta yesterday and burned it onto the pot. I now have a pot I can't afford to lose (It is my big sauce pan), and need to find a way to get the stuff off. He has tried scrubby sponges. It isn't coming off.

Can you recommend anything to get off this stuff?

Try putting some water and vinegar in the pot and heating it to boiling for about five minutes. Let it set overnight and see if that helps. (about a cup of vinegar in a quart of water)

You can also try one of the metal scrubby things instead of plastic assuming it's a stainless pot. Sometimes dishwasher detergent will take off stuff that other things won't budge. You can soak it overnight with the dishwasher detergent and water then scrub it.

Angela,

Steel wool will do it and lots of elbow grease. Also one of those plastic pan scraper things will help some. The best bet is to keep steel wooling it --just plain wear it off. I've recovered a couple of "ruined" pans this way. Essentially, I've used the baking soda paste, then steel wool on my stuck on pans...Good Luck!

We have this crazy show on TV, where these two ladies come ino a messy house and clean it up...I have to keep telling the kids, 'NO! They're not coming here'...anyway...they say to pour in some bleach and a bit of water and simmer gently, then scrape.

Archived