MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

So how was your night?. . . . . . . . . . we got you beat!

Amishway Homesteaders

So we get a call from the neighbor that there is a guy all dressed up in camo by our caravan ! So Michael goes out and to look and yup - there leaning over the hood with guin drawn is a swat team member and he says BACK IN THE HOUSE! Turns out we had 6 county cop cars, 4 local cars, the swat team bus, the 911 RV and 2 TV crews outside our door. And one guy on the caravan another one in the side yard and 2 between the house and next door AND a bull horn going off every 5 minutes trying to get the guy to come out.

Well after finding out what was going on we did go back in and waited and watched from the windows at the scene going on all around our home. It was all happening in the house behind us and one over (kitty corner) on the next block.

What a night we had with people calling every 15 minutes to heard what the lastest was - but all we could tell them was the same thing. . . . . it is a stand off.

Funny part was we have a greenhouse on the back of the house that you can get to from the kitchen. The cats love to go out and sun. Anyway there is a guy all dressed up in camo with night vision glasses and gun 'hiding' in the back watching the house behind. Well whenever he 'moves' all we had to do was ask the cats "where is he" and they would look right where he was!

But back to the story......

So we had a long night and at one piont (4 hours into it) they tell us we have to evacuate the house. SO Michael said if it was OK for the last 4 hours why now, are you going in? Well no they say just as a safty. So we said we are staying in the house not going out at 11:30 pm to where?

So if you think living in the 'big city' is ruff. . . . .

Here is what the paper said - enjoy

(by the way- we are fine - he is not)

Lyons standoff

LYONS, NY - A nine-hour stand off in Lyons came to an end early Thursday morning. State troopers, Wayne County Sheriffs, Lyons Police and SWAT team surrounded a home at 15 Elmer Street in Lyons.

The call came in at 6:19 Wednesday night and police thought a man had his family hostage inside with automatic weapons.

When officers entered the home at 3:15 Thursday morning they found the 41-year-old man had shot himself.

The man’s name has not been released. We are tracking this story and will bring you updates as soon as they are available.

from another paper-

Lyons standoff ends after 9 hours

A nine-hour stand-off at a residence in Lyons, Wayne County, ended early this morning after a man apparently shot himself, according to Lyons Police officers.

Wayne County emergency dispatchers received a call about 6:19 p.m. yesterday that a man with a gun was inside a home on Elm Street in Lyons, according to Lyons Police Chief Michael R. Donalty. Officers have not released the man’s name, pending notification of family members.

Officers learned from family members that the man was depressed about some recent life changes and had at least one loaded gun in his possession, Donalty said. Several nearby homes were evacuated as a precaution, officers said.

The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office’s emergency response team and New York state troopers assisted at the scene.

After repeated attempts to contact the man failed, deputies entered the residence at 3:20 a.m. and found him deceased from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, Donalty said.

No one else was injured during the incident.

DemocratandChronicle.com

* Turns out the guy called 911 and then shot himself before the cops even got here so this was all for nothing - but we know they were playing it 'safe'?

Have a nice day you-all

Michael2

AWH;

Thank the Lord you are safe.

The scarest thing.....that upsets of this nature can start and be in full bloom before the individual is aware. Unless you were outside to see the start, it comes as a real shocker.

A 'safe castle' is a signifigant part of our ability to rest/restore for the upcoming day/battle. Glad you are safe.

WOW2.gif, you did have a night. So glad you are both safe.

Wondering, didn't anyone hear a shot?

This really makes one wonder when and where they are safe. I'm surprised they didn't come as soon as they got there and have everyone leave.

Get some rest today now.

HUGS34.gif

I'm not so sure I would have been anywhere near a window and certainly not in a part of the house close to the action. Bullets have a funny way of going though walls and glass and striking by-standers. I think I'd be taking cover!

Glad to hear you are safe!

Originally Posted By: goatherder
I'm not so sure I would have been anywhere near a window and certainly not in a part of the house close to the action. Bullets have a funny way of going though walls and glass and striking by-standers. I think I'd be taking cover!

Glad to hear you are safe!

I agree, I would have gone out the back of my house and scaled the back fence to get away. LOL MY fat butt would have found a way to get over that fence and away from those people.
Originally Posted By: Snowmom
Wondering, didn't anyone hear a shot?

That is what a lot of people are saying but we do live near the train yards (one reason Michael bought the place) and you hear all kinds of things with cars backfiring and kids out playing so NO nobody heard a shot from inside the house. And after all the cops calling him and not going in we thought that he must have done himself in or what most of us thought- he left before they got there.
A sad ending to a rough life.

PS it was the house behind ourplace so we did stay in front or on porch talking to the police from time to time.

Michael2

Archived