MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

. This Autumn in Central Maine

OldMaineBear

This has been one of the worst years for leaf color ever in my part of the world. I get a new digital camera and am anxiously awaiting the fall colors and it flops. I guess the weather killed most of the leaves in the trees before they changed and most just went to yellow and brown and fell. There were occasional reds and golds, but only single trees.

Now I have to wait a whole year.

How were leaves in other parts of the autumn world?

Really pretty here! We rain for quite a bit, then it dried out right before the leaves changed. I guess the trees liked the water, because they were brilliant! We still have quite a few colors on the trees smile

Sorry your trees weren't so cooperative. Try NH, my friend lives down there and she said the leaves were so pretty her eyes hurt!

We had *last* year like that here in northern Indiana. So we REALLY appreciate the beautiful colors coming on here now. clap

We haven't had a first frost yet. I've been waiting to pick the rose hips. But they say it's coming this coming week...

Last year we had a snowstorm big enough to shut down the schools by now. frozen

We have had glorious colors this fall. We have 90% Blue/green/grey landscape close to 98% of the time. Almost monochrome, [very depressing], but this year the buckbrush has turned competition yellow with an intense lumminence.

We have bayberry & burning bush that are eye-aching red. Against the green of the cedar & fir they are marvelous.

Our neighbors raise dahilas; and their fields have been a treasure to view this fall.

We had a severe windstorm last week, and lost two trees. So we are cutting & stacking wood for next year. Sad to see them fall, but it is allowing more sun to hit the garden...so that's ok.

I hope everyone has a clear, bright, soul renewing Sunday.

Originally Posted By: cookiejar
Their green..LOL happy02 (Looks out at the palm tree) Yup, Green.

Of course we have changing seasons here...

January, February and Summer

rofl

DOH!!!! awwman

See I made this joke and gave you a hassle and Tropical Storm Noel shows up in the Carribbean. This what I get for being a smart aleck.

In MN the colors (at least around the metro area) aren't as brilliant as they have been in past years, I think. Still, they sure are pretty to look at. Too bad about the camara! Hope you are able to get some pictures at least!

HG flowersmilie

In New England it has been lovely-=-but we almost didn't have a nice fall due to dryness. A late season rain saved it for us here and although past peak, the color in my state looks pretty still. I went swimming in a nearby old quarry on Oct 22 but now today, we are wearing coats and the temps are dropping below freezing. We had our first hard frost last night

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/561023973dfIchG

Archived