MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Breaking News !!!

mich@el

UPDATE: Water pumping station to close with only 6 hours of potable water remaining for town!!!

Panic buying at local grocery stores .....shelves emptying fast.

plenty of water coming down the river........I'll use that (after treating it of course)......my only lament is I have no woman to show off my survival skills in a real life situation too........

you mean my dream of polygamy is coming true?..........LOL

Actually one of the main channels in town is right in front of my house but the house is on stilts so ,,,,,,,,,,,

Mitch@el,

This is good practice. As you do what is necessary, keep a journal. The good 'do's', the bad 'do's', and the just plain ugly.

Who knows, some damsel in distress might need rescuing!!

Originally Posted By: Skagitgal
Mitch@el,

This is good practice. As you do what is necessary, keep a journal. The good 'do's', the bad 'do's', and the just plain ugly.

Who knows, some damsel in distress might need rescuing!!

I see the value of a nifty idea like this..... thanks

UPDATE: Sunday 20/01/2008 - 2:00pm

000_0010_edited.jpg

000_0006_edited.jpg

000_0009_edited.jpg

Town is completely isolated by road and rail.

Reliable sources state that my side of town will be under 1.5 meters of water by tomorrow afternoon. Better break out the SCUBA gear!!

Wow...not good! Hope you are either all ready to bug out, or are on high enough ground to be dry...and have enough food & water to bug in for a while!

Stay safe!

Mich@el, I'm really glad you are doing okay. DH and I been through several floods ourself and know what you are going through. One was the great Mississippi River flood of '65 in which we were evacuated, one was a flash flood in the winter but stayed through that one as it was short lived and not on the floors yet. Several, until we moved, were spent living for several weeks in a raised home above the water. I learned how to row a boat in my front yard and speared fish in the driveway. Very interesting and challenging. Those times were some of my first clues that I neded to be prepared even better than I had been which was considerable thankfully.

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and my prayers. Stay safe and don't hesitate to get out of Dodge if the need comes up.

bighug

Originally Posted By: Leah
Regarding -
"4. As odd as it may sound, in some ways I wish that my house was flooded – why? – Because my teenagers can only see that they had to do “needless jobs for no reason because nothing happened to us.” I feel that if we are ever faced with another challenge they will just sit and laugh and remind me of this incident. I’m really not sure of how to handle this better than I did to achieve a more long term positive outcome."
--
Tell them if any of their electronics get ruined, they must replace it themselves... That ought to get them moving - if they know you mean it!

LOL>..........yep I so wanted to except they have ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder).........

Archived