MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Prayer request for my mom

Bookworm

My mom had to be taken to the ER this morning for severe chest pain, they have diagnosed her with pancreatitis due to gallstones. They have admitted her and are going to get the pancreatitis settled down and then remove her gallbladder. That wouldn't be too bad except that when they asked her if anything should happen during the operation did she want to be resuscitated she said No! I'm just shocked and heartbroken. My poor niece is there with her, they are in NC, she has power of attorney but as long as my mom can speak for herself it doesn't matter. I asked her if my mom understood the question since she is on pain medication and she said that she is talking well and expressed understanding.

Please pray for her specifically and for the rest of us to accept her wishes - no matter how shocking they are. I just cannot believe my mom would say such a thing. She will be 78 next month and her health is otherwise good.

Thanks

Thanks so much!

Apparently she has changed her mind! It seems that she had gotten a little confused with the diagnosis of pancreatitis and thought they meant pancreatic cancer. My dad died from that and she didn't want to suffer the way he did. Please pray for an easy procedure and quick recovery!

Thanks again! bighug

Thanks a lot! She had a MRI and MRCP done today but I am still waiting to hear back on how that went. They medicine they are giving her is making her talk and act way too weird! She had my niece crying last night because she said to tell everyone goodbye for her. I told my niece to have the doctor change the pain med because it's obviously too strong, if that's possible.

I appreciate the prayers!

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...Heavenly Father,

We thank you that Bookworm's mom does not have cancer...we thank You from staying that disease from her body.

I pray Father God, that You will give her doctors Your wisdom and direction that is needed to effectively treat her. I pray that whatever medical procedures will be needed in the future, that Your hand of protection be over it all. Let there be no room for error, Lord, and I stand with Bookworm and give You all the glory for Your faithfulness in all our lives.

Thanking You, because I love You, because You alone are God.

In Jesus Name,

Thanks again for your prayers! Well, she is supposedly pain free now, and off the Dilaudid but...she is still not acting right. She is very confused at times, had to be restrained a couple of nights ago because she got out of bed and banged up her knees. The doctor told my neice that he's not sure that she will completely recover her full mental capacity. Between the illness, the pain, her age and being in strange surroundings, it could be that she doesn't fully recover. She was having trouble with short-term memory loss before this but nothing horrible. Now, even off the meds she is seeing things that no one else in the room sees, talking to some family members that have passed on, etc. I think I really need to get out there soon, just gotta figure out how to coordinate everything.

Again, your prayers are so-o-o-o appreciated!

God Bless you all!

Archived