MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

****updated***Sorry this is long but need your PRAYERS

S.K.

I could really use all your prayers. I just want to sit here and cry and go hide in a dark room frown

I have been helping a widow lady in our church for almost 7 months. I have taken her to her doctors and to the store. I have only got gas from her 2 times because she offered, got lunch from McDonalds 2 times and KFC 1 time. Well last night I called her about her doctors she was to go to today and she said she did not need me to take her. Well one thing went in to another I told her I was no longer going to help her it has been stress full on me and I had enough.

She drinks (which she lies and says no she does not) and is a liar. She lost her husband November 2006. I first started helping her when she lost her sight and could not drive. I was asked to put her bills on the internet threw her bank which I did and it was set up to come out of her account. All was fine with that. Well come to find out she was driving her car had a accident (when she was not able to see anything) and had it towed to the shop which she lied about and I confronted her about it and told her don’t ever lie to me again or I would never help her again. Well she had cataracts removed from both eyes her last surgery was January and I said well she can take care of herself know. Well 4 weeks ago she fell and broke her leg and whom did she call me. Well I took her to the doctor every week for 3 weeks today would have been 4 weeks I have to lift her in my car (which I threw my neck out last week doing this) when she broke her leg she called a lady in our church and lied and told her I took her pain pills and would not let her have then this lady called and told our pastor and he told her if I took then I had a reason and that plus she should not be taking them while she drinks well me, our deacon from our church and his wife went and talked with her this was about 2 weeks ago and she twisted what we said all around. Well she called me and said she did not want me doing her bills anymore on Monday I said fine called and told her I tried to get on line to remove them but that it had been blocked and we would go to the bank after I took her to the doctors today. She had 10,000.00 that she has blown on drinking and other stuff and she is out of money. So she wants to pay her own bills by check so she can have extra money. Well I called her yesterday and asked her about her doctors today and it went down hill from there I yelled at her and told her I was never going to help her every again I had enough. I called the other person who I was letting no what was going on (he did the same with me he would call me if she called him or his wife) well last night I got over it said I did what God says we should do and help the widow and those in need. Well a friend of mine from church called me and told me to stay clear of this lady I asked her why, she said this lady told her that I spent all her money, she did not give me permission to but her bills on line, that every time I took her out I made her give 50.00 in gas made her buy my lunch, if I went to the store I would tell her I had no money and had her by my stuff, said I was trying to get her kicked out of the church and many other mean things which I will not list. This really hurt my feeling I never did any of the things she said and thank God the lady she told all this to knows me (thank God I know if she runs her mouth to some other people in church they know what I am like) I went out my way to help in any way I could for what to be treated like this. To have things said that is not true it makes me not want to help another person in need. I told my husband I will not help another person in need for help unless they were really good friends. She has made me so mad and I have done nothing put try and help he I am the only one really in church that went out of their way to help. (Everyone else was smarter then me) I don’t even want to go to church tonight and in 36 years have never felt this way. I am hurt, sad, angry, and mad.

Any way sorry this is so long but I knew you all would listen and really don’t want to have other people not like her at our church so you guys where the only place I new I could turn to.

I could use your prayer I need this hurt feeling to go away and not hate this lady so much. And on top of all this today’s my birthday what a great gift to get from someone.

Again sorry so long but please pray for me.

Thanks

SK,

Hugs. Oh my. As my husband says so often,no good deed goes unpunished. I personally believe that you have helped enough and it is best for all that you do indeed step down from helping this woman because frankly, she no longer deserves help. She was unappreciative and disrespectful. While you are correct in hoping at some point to not hate her, you do not need to become stressed horribly right now. There is a difference between offering help and becoming someone's doormat. Even God's mercy is tempered with justice so that only those truly deserving will have it.

My heart goes out to you because you sincerely did try to do what was right and it backfired.

Happy Birthday, hon. Things will get better--or at least different:) Keeping you in our prayers, also.

Prayers

Oh S.K. I'm sorry (((((((((((S.K.)))))))))))

Is there someone else in your Church (minister perhaps) you could turn to for support? This lady also sounds as if she may have some other problems, either caused by or made worse by her alcohol abuse.

But for right now, let it go and let God - just for today.

bighug

cakebouquethappyBD Happy Birthday and my wish and prayer for you is a positive resolution to this...

praying

(((((((((((SK)))))))))))))

Do not stay home go to church tonight hold your head high and know that many people love and support you. Anyone worth their weight will know the truth.

I know you are hurt and angry. We have been stabbed in the back by those we have tried to help also. The only way I was able not to give in to anger was to pray for them. Pray that God bless them 100 fold and to met all their needs. It still hurts but the anger has given way to pity.

Thank you ladies so much for the encouragement. smile I am going to church tonight that is where I need to be tonight. I will pray for her but right know it will not be with much meaning from the heart as I am so hurt by this frown you know the said thing about all this she is also talking about the deacon in our church. There is a missionary's wife that has been helping her the last 2 weeks and I am know praying that she does not say anything bad about her. Thanks again ladies. thanks It means alot.

Mtn mama

you asked

Is there someone else in your Church (minister perhaps) you could turn to for support. I have the support from several people in our church but i would much rather they not now everything our pastor is on vacation and when he gets back him and his wife will hear about this. she is also a diabetic, has high blood pressure and has problems with her eyes. she is on medicine and she does not take it she says she does but she is lying she is not taking it. i am praying God help me get this hatred out of my heart i hate feeling this way. thanks for your prayers

everyone else in the church stays clear of her the pastor knows she drinks but when you bring it up to her she Say's it is not true. the problem with her is she was use of her husband doing everything for her, clean house, wash clothes i mean everything a wife would do he did for her and more so she just wants her way. i have come to find out she has been this way all her life. she has been kicked out of 1 church years ago because of her mouth.

Perhaps she is getting senile. I know that doesn't help your feelings though. I'd have a talk with the pastor and let him know what is going on. I'd put it to him that I didn't want him to get involved but I was just making him aware of what is going on in case he hears rumors. It sounds like the rest of your congregation already knows how she operates!

bighug

thank you all so much for your prayers I feel them. i am doing alot better i have realize that God is in control over this matter there is nothing more i can do. I did all i can for her. this is the way she is I wish i new ahead of time not know but whats done is done. i have decided if she calls i will not answer at all that way no more rumors can be said. i am still hurt but better.

Jeepers

i am having a talk with the pastor on Sunday he knows everything else that has went on just nothing that has happened in the last 2 days.

All i can do is pray for her and leave it in God's hands.

Again thanks for the prayers

First of all, I hope you had a happy birthday. You did what you could for this lady. But it sounds like she might be bitter about something. People who drink can not be reasoned with. It is a good idea to let your Pastor know what is going on. God knows your heart, and it sounds like others in the church do to. I know it hurts to be talked about. But keep in mind, people know her. The best thing you can do is pray for her. Be nice to her, when you see her. That is what God would have you do. He will bless you for all you have done.

I just want to thank you a for your prayer they have worked. a friend gave me to tapes two look at of some testomonies of preachers and i have come to realize everthing was done for a reason only God nows why this all happened. i still have hurt feelings over this but in time i will heal. i will pray for her if she calls i will answer but will watch what i say. when and if she comes back to church i will still say hi. but it is in God's hands now. thank you all again you are a great bunch of people. bighugdarlene2

Archived