MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

New vacuum--Oh My!

Vic303

Ok, so after replacing most of the carpet with laminate flooring, I had little use for a vacuum beyond my 10yr old Eureka upright bagged beast. But DH had some brownie points at work and got to spend them on 'stuff' and we agreed we could use a decent vacuum.

We got & I assembled today, a Bissell Pet Hair Eraser. Bagless Upright. Easy to assemble (10min w/o reading the instructions--just looking at the pic). Heaviest vacuum I had ever used. A real behemoth on wheels...

I had vacuumed the bedrooms earlier today with the old vac. banana Looked ok. Decided to see what this one would do on the carpets there. OMG! twister It pulled stuff out of Monkey2's room I didn't even know was IN the carpet! :faint: After doing all three rooms, the catch bin was overfilled! I emptied it, and went onto the Persian carpet which was previously unvacuumed today. Again! :faint: twister The bin was filled after working over the 8x12' rug! Oh and it is lighter to use than to haul around as the brush literally pulls itself along in 'push forward' mode much like a powered lawn mower.

I have not even tried the pet hair attachements yet--I wonder what color my windowseat couch really is...? wink

vacuuming

I went and looked at the vac. online, the only thing you will have to watch is how often you need to replace the hepa filter. I usually have to replace mine every 6 months (3 dogs, a cat, kids and a good sized house)

I think its worth it, every room smells better after you vac. when you have a filter. Its just something to be aware of if you've never had one with a filter before.

Congratulations!

Hummm, wonder what all is down in my carpets? Oh wait, I know! You can bring your new vacuum over here and do mine for me so we can see. Yeah, that will work. So...what time is good for you?

Hee-hee. Congrats on the new and improved cleaner. Anything to make cleaning easier and faster.

vacuuming

Jeepers, if you were in my town, I'd even bring it over to let you try it out...but I only know of 1 member here in my town, and if she wants to try it out, I'll oblige her! wink

Archived