MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Have you colored your eggs?

Leah

PUSH0accfd829277.jpgThese are the fancy ones for this year.

PUSHbab6a242290b.jpgLast year were more simple.

Gotta clean house first as we're having company tonight and one of our visitors has bad knees and will have to come in the back instead of the front door with large "ice carved" steps. Wouldn't be so bad but the kids left the back porch door open and a stray decided it would make a nice litter box frown At least the kids are on Spring Break and get to help. They just cleared stuff and are ready to mop.

Wish I could just get them chicks and bunnies but we're still not supposed to have "pets" plus I've been seeing stray dogs out now that the weather is slightly improved.

No, not yet. I forgot about it, to be honest !!

Your marbled eggs are pretty.

We always dye our eggs, then rub them with Crisco to make them shiny. My Momma always did that. It does make them more slick, but prettier, I think.

We use food coloring with vinegar for the dye.

If you want them speckled, like the middle and the one on the right - I put 1/4 cup vinegar and the coloring in the water as I cook them. I have no idea why they get speckled, but they do.

easteregg7.gif

I never thought of coloring and cooking at the same time. What a step saver. I bet if you used a crayon to write on them, they would remain clear of color just as when you dip them in the color afterwards. I might have to try that this time. I haven't colored mine yet either.

I tried putting the vinegar and coloring in the water way back, when my DD was ill and wanted some eggs. I thought they might help cheer her up, if it worked. I think those were blue. She loved having Easter eggs just for her.

We just colored ours using a combination of Dudleys tye dye and stencil pens and wax resist. They turned out pretty good.

Fun family activity.

All right! Sonic the hedgehog! I recognize the green one but don't remember it's name.

Good job!

Archived