MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Opinions on Pressure Cookers

I use one quite a bit. I think it is wonderful. Saves me all kinds of time and also on the energy bill. I especially like beef roasts and chicken in the pressure cooker. The flavor is so good. I put in some boullion to the water when I cook them.

I would recommend a stainless one, not an aluminum one.

I found 2 great ones at the thrift store. I got one of them brand new. The other had probably been used less than half a dozen times.

I have an electric one and I love it! You don't have to

babysit it or anything. Whatever you put in your crock pot

you can put in your pressure cooker.

I've been making a lot of stew and chili in mine. Let us

know if you get one! smile

bighug

Thanks- I found a pretty good deal on one so I am considering it.

I was going to get a new (to me) AA canner- but decided to just get an extra gasket for the one I have and put the money to more preps.

I have a nice 6 quart stainless steel Presto pressure cooker. I ordered it from Amazon last year. I admit I haven't used it very often, I just need to remember to use it, bacuse it really is easy. I am glad to have it.

I got it because I can use it in situations where I want to conserve fuel. For example, I could prepare a normally long-cooking product like beans and it would not take hours. It will work on a campstove just fine! To me that is a big pro!!

With the cost of food and fuel escalating, I really need to get that rascal out and use it regularly.

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

I love my AA canner. I've had it for over 35 years now, or about that long. smile

Just know that the new canners are expensive, but, if you have to replace parts every year, that can get expensive too. Preps are very important too. smile

HAVEAGOODDAY-1.gifHUGS4-1.gif

I was soooo mad last night. mad

I had been watching THIS Chef's Design 9 qt Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker for a week.

I set my alarm for 1:30 AM to get up and bid on it. I ended up waking up a little earlier and there was 40 minutes till the sale ended -there were 2 bids -the top one was $10.49 -this was for a $70 pressuer cooker. I set a smaller alarm for 20 mintues and went back to sleep on the couch...promply at 2AM I bolted off the couch to the computer to see that the sale had ended 10 minutes ago and the cooker sold for $10.49! I was so mad at myself I laid there awake until 3AM! mecry

I really wanted that cooker!

Oh well- I guess it was just not ment to be. Someone sure got a good deal anyway.

Archived