MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I need to brag on my children

SDBookMom

I really do!

We are trying to grow more of our own food. This has meant a lot of work. This winter I overstressed one shoulder and fell & tore the other shoulder and am in pain from rotator cuff problems. But we are marching on. My kids have been wonderful. Take today.

We all got up and did our inside chores, had breakfast, did the animal chores and then did school. We are almost done so the few things we had left only took about an hour. Then we had an early lunch.

After lunch we picked up and headed outside, the five year old finished straightening the house for us and babysitting the new chicks. She was our runner after that. Two of the girls (13 & 11) went and cleaned the stalls, then put in new bedding to be ready for the new kids due anytime after Saturday. The other two (13 & 9) helped me put in the posts for 118 feet of garden fence. Then all four helped to put in the fence.

Then we moved an old jungle gym to the kitchen garden area, and created a lasagna bed in it 18 inches high. This meant loading & unloading 6 loads of material from the yard cart. Then they helped plant 12 berry bushes, and mulch them (OK, we only got half mulched, we decided to do the rest tomorrow. Finally we planted 50 strawberry plants and two rhubarb plants. We all pitched in to clean up.

The twins (age 13) made supper while the 9 & 11 yo went to work make another hoop house (two to go tonight). I still have to get the seedlings transplanted and the next two days will be just as busy, but I think I have five of the best kids ever. Oh, and the best part, they did it joyfully, no complaining or whining or moping.

Joyfully,

Cheryl

Archived