MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

EMERGENCY PRAYERS FOR NEPHEW

cookiejar

Hi!

Barbie, my best friend has a Nephew/Godson stationed in New Orleans (Algiers on the other side of the bridge-I say technically New Orleans) and he is NOT being evacuated with the other troops as he is security for the Naval Base. The base is next to the lower ninth ward. shocked

Please pray for the safety of all the sailors at that base and of course all of New Orleans.

but could you please add a few extra for "Jon".

I thank you in advance

cookie

(I'm hitting every prayer bunch I know)

Cookie..yes..you got them! Praying for his safety and for all those stationed there with him...but extra prayers for Jon as he stays on duty tonight and tomorrow...

Barb got this copy of her sister's text messages with Jon. He's okay and I'm so relieved but these are also sooooo GUY. LOL

snip from copy Barb's sister and Jon:

Aug. 30, in response to "Are you evacuating?" - "Nope, just hunkering down on base."

Aug. 30, in response to "Are you and your car safe?" - "Trust me I'm as safe as I can get and so is the car. I'll call later tonight." (He didn't call.)

Aug. 31, in response to my joy when I heard that the bases were being evacuated - "Security does not leave. I'm here for the storm no matter what." (Translation, "Duh, Mom!")

At this point, he finally called to tell me that he was on base with 14 others, sleeping on cots in a hall, guarding the base. He said they were 12 on/12 off, and he was trying to sleep. (More translation, "Stop texting!") He promised to text later to say he was safe.

Sept.1, evening, no text from him, of course, so I messaged, "All ok?" and he responded, "Yes."

Jon won't get any awards for elocution, but he's safe. Now, let's turn our attention to Hannah. I hope that she'll swing far from you.

snip done

rofl

I am glad he's okay and everyone can now concentrate on repairs. But this is sooooo guy. "Don't worry about me and my Camaro." grin

Thanks for the prayer chain, I appreciate you all

Gotta love that eloquence of the young on their text messages....LOL

Glad he is safe.

Archived