MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Great GrampyBear

OldMaineBear

Like to let you all know that the Old Maine Bear is a Great-Grandfather for the 2nd time.

My Granddaughter Donna gave birth last night to a healthy, chubby little girl. Weighed in at 8 pounds and 12 ounces and 20 1/4 inches of smiles and giggles. She has long curly black hair.

Mom and baby are doing fine.

Her name is, Aaliyah Marie-Lolar Merz.

Aaliyah is for the late singer who was Donna's favorite

Marie is every female's middle name in my Daughter's family

Lolar is my Mother's maiden name

Merz is my Granddaughter's hubby.

Now you all know that Great-Grand Fatherhood means that some time has passed since my own birth. Things are not as tuned as they use to be.

My wife called me on her lunch break to ask me several questions. One of which was, “Would you like me to buy a baby present?” Simple enough question until it gets filtered through my less than perfect hearing units, original equipment not electronic. What I heard was “Would you like me to buy a baby pheasants?” Thinking that the store may have gotten in some exotic fowl, my immediate reaction was “What in the world my Dear Wife are we going to do with baby pheasants?” I knew she wanted to get back into raising chickens someday, so the pheasant thing threw me.

The laughter was immediate and profuse. By the time she could talk again and corrected my initial mis-hearings, several gleeful minutes had passed.

She told me that she loves how I hear some things, because she immediately knows when I have mis-heard something as I repeat what I hear out loud so she can ~ 1. Enjoy the version I come up with and 2. Repeat what she originally said until I get the original unadulterated version.

Nothing earth-shattering or profound about this posting. Just wanted to share a smile moment with you all.

Archived