MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Flourless breads

Does anyone have any recipies for flourless breads, like the Ezekiel bread? It costs so much at the store, so I was wondering if anyone made their own.

Thanks! thanks

Here is 1 recipe I found. ( not a TRUE EZK bread tho)

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups hard wheat

1- 1/2 cups spelt or rye

1/2 cup barley

1/2 cup millet

1/4 cup green lentils

2 tablespoons great Northern beans

2 tablespoons red kidney beans

2 tablespoons pinto beans

4 cups warm water (110 degrees F)

1 cup honey

1/2 cup olive oil

2 (

2 tablespoons salt

Directions:

This is the bread that Ezekiel lived off of while he was fasting for two years. It is supposed to

be nutritionally complete.

1. Measure the water, honey, olive oil, and yeast into a large bowl. Let sit for 3 to 5 minutes.

2. Stir all of the grains and beans together until well mixed. Grind in a flour mill. Add fresh milled flour and salt to the yeast mixture; stir until well mixed, about 10 minutes. The dough will be like that of a batter bread. Pour dough into two greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.

3. Let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until dough has reached the top of the pan.

4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes, or until loaves are golden

brown. Makes 2 loaves.

5. Enjoy

Another, I think is CLOSER to the Bibles actual meaning!!

( there being several "methods" of prep. & baking)

"Ezekiel’s Favorite Bread"

(The Bread From God)

Copyright © 1999- 2008 All Rights Reserved

Evangelist, Bishop Rev. Diana Gray (Mama Africa)

Ezekiel Chapter 4:9-17 Take thou also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils, and millet, and fitches, and put them in one vessel, and make thee bread thereof, according to number of days that thou shalt lie upon thy side, three hundred and nifty days shalt thou eat thereof.

And thy meat which thou shalt eat shall be by weight, twenty shekels a day: from time to time shalt thou eat it. Thou shalt drink also water by measure, the sixth part of an hin; from time to time shalt thou drink. And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it...

This very special "Bread Recipe" was given to Ezekiel by God himself and it was HOLY. Yes, this is true, this really is a recipe of ingredients that God himself created for Ezekiel and the rest of us! We of cource, don't know the amounts but we can use the same 'ingredients' to make a really healthy bread. This bread can be used for the following:

1. Emergency survival, (maintaining health during hard financial or emergency times.)

2. Spiritual fasting, (This bread is good for a "special spiritual fast" when you want to move closer to the Lord during difficult times. This should be done only in conjunction with prayer, bible reading, meditation and reflection upon the Word of God for wisdom, guidance and direction.)

3. Spiritual fasting remembering to consider your personal medical problems, ( when abstaining from food is a medical problem, make sure that your doctor will allow you to eat the ingredients. Some items such as wheat or honey could be a problem for those people on restricted diets. You also might want to ask your doctor about allergies too.)

4. Family enjoyment, (it's a great way to try something new.)

5. Church functions, (Pot blessings or worship services such as communion)

The recipe makes a little more then an eight days supply for one person to be used in conjunction with ample amount of liquids. Try making ½ the amount if you are just making it for the family to try. Allow your body to adjust to the ingredients before your try using to fast with. Natural foods such as whole wheat in conjunction with beans can overwhelm your stomach at first until you are used to them. Just eat this bread for several weeks in conjunction with your other meals to adjust properly.

Because of modern pollutants and chemical additives to our environments, a few extra ingredients have been added to help build up the body's physical immune defenses. Many of these ingredients can be purchased in a Natural food store or the health food section of your local grocery store.

* 2 ¾ cup whole wheat flour (unbleached)

* OR ---You can use 1 cup of white flour and 1 ¾ cup of whole wheat flour.

* ¼ cup millet flour (millet grounded up in a blender)

* ¼ cup lentils flour (lentils grounded up in a blender)

* 1 ¾ cups rye flour (unbleached)

* ½ cup barley flour (barley flour or grind up barley grains)

* 6 tbs. Soy flour (keep this flour in the refrigerator) ---OR—6 tbl. of assorted beans ground up in a blender to be made into a flour. (beans could be sprouted for more nutrition, dried and then ground up into a flour with your blender or mill.) 2 tsp. Sea salt ---OR---You may substitute the use of plain iodized salt)

Mix these dry ingredients and "divide into two portions." Place one portion into the refrigerator to be used within a short period of time. Now take 2 tbs. Yeast and dissolve into ¼ cup of warm water with 2 tbl. of honey. Set aside for a few minutes to rise.

Mean while pour the following on top of the remaining dry ingredients: ¼ to ½ cups of honey (amounts may vary according to taste preferences.) ¼ cup of Canola or Corn Oil (Olive Oil may be used but it’s more expensive.) 1 cup of warm milk made from powdered milk or substitute fresh store milk.

Pour raised yeast into the rest of the ingredients and mix just long enough to dampen all of the dough. You may have to add more flour or delete the milk depending upon the wetness of the dough. Think of the condition of the dough looking like muffin batter. With a lot more of honey I have found out that I had to cut the milk back a bit. (Honey is so tasty; I really have a sweet tooth.) If it’s too moist it won’t bake properly, so keep your honey and add more wheat flour.

Pour this mixture into a greased and floured pan to let it rise for about one hour. Generously sprinkle sesame seeds on top to add more Calcium. Bake 375* for 25-45 minutes. Cooking times may depend upon the type of oven that you have and the moistness of your healthy bread. (Regular ovens, barbecue grills, solar ovens, propane, or wood campfire.) The bread is done when it pulls away from the edge of the pan and bounces back when pressed upon on.

This recipe when divided into four equal parts should give you a "little more" then 1/2 1b. Weight portions each. This is a good days supply of fasting or survival bread. Wrap each portion with foil and keep it refrigerated for freshness.

I believe that this bread has all of the Amino acids and nutrients that you would need to maintain good health. You should only be lacking vitamin C which you can get from fruit. Another way to get vitamin C, is to sprout some alfalfa seed and eat then as a salad. Grated carrots or dry fruit can be added for more nutrition.

I have add a few more items to the list in the Bible but the "basic ingredients" are there. Adding raisins would be good too for brining up the nutrition levels. Keep in mind that you can always add more ingredients but this basic bread is an excellent way to maintain good health.

Biblical fasting should be done "without any food yet a person should still be drinking water," but for those who "can’t" abstain from food for health reasons, this "Ezekiel Bread, The Bread From God" is the "next best thing." Some medicines have to be eaten with food to keep from getting upset stomachs.

It defiantly has "spiritual connotations" that help as you as you pray and intercede for others. Your eating bread with the ingredients that God gave to "Ezekiel to live on for one year." Your mind will be more on the Lord and your health (mentally, physically, and Spiritually,) will improve as you grow in His Word the bible. Prayers to the Lord, our Provider will be stronger as you intercede for others. I have heard that some people are actually using this bread as their staple bread and I have to admit if anyone did they would become extremely healthy in their diet.

Diana Gray Ministries http://dianagrayministries.net/ An Interdenominational ministry that has many more wonderful things for your whole family to enjoy.

I once sprouted beans I know to come from the mis-east, and kamut, ( egyption-mid-east wheat)and the other grains, mixed all sprouts into a paste, and slow cooker cooked it into something like a bread. Was tastey, and I had energy!

method needs experimenting for perfection, and proper results, ( the bread was too dry.

I hope these help a bit...

God Bless

Thanks Kevin, Thanks Fritz,

Kevin...is there an ingredient missing in your first recipie between the olive oil and salt at the bottom of the list, or is it just a typo!

I love the recipies! I can't wait to try them out!

Thanks for the update on the missing ingredient, Kevin. Yeast! Yikes! It would have been a disaster if I left that out.

PoGo, thanks for those links. I'm so happy I can make this type of bread at home and not have to pay an outrageous price at the store.

Gluten and Wheat and Yeast Free Flat Bread:

2 eggs (large or jumbo)

1 cup soda water (plain or unsweetened fruit flavor is fine)

1 cup nut flour (grated nuts)

pinch of salt

1/2 cup milk

2 cups soy flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

3 tablespons melted butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Line the bottom of a jelly roll pan with parchment paper, and then brush thesides with melted butter.

Combine dry ingredients.

In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, soda water, and 1 Tablespoon butter. (Reserve the rest of the melted butter.) Add this to the dry ingredients. This will make a gooey, but not glutenous mass.

Using a rubber or latex spatula or bowl scraper, turn the dough into the jellyroll pan and spread it out evenly all around.

Put it on the middle oven rack, and bake for 5 - 7 minutes (at which point the top will have formed a thin crust, but it won't brown). Remove from oven, and brush the thin crust (carefully) with the remaining melted butter. Then, return the pan to the oven.

Bake for another 5 to 7 minutes until the top is just golden and a wooden toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean (no dough sticks to it).

Cool on a wire rack.

Once cool, cut your bread into sandwich-sized pieces or any other size you'd like. Stores well in a plastic bag in your fridge for up to a week.

MSG URL: http://www.recipelink.com/msgid/029224

Quick Rice Bread

1 1/2 cup sugar

2/3 cup shortening

1/2 tsp. salt

4 egg yolks

1 1/3 cup milk

2 tsp. vanilla

2 cups white rice flour

1 cup sweet rice flour

4 tsp. baking powder

4 egg whites

Cream sugar and shortening. Add salt, egg yolks and vanilla. Beat well. Add flour, baking powder and milk alternately, let stand 10 minutes.

Fold in egg whites that have been beaten stiffly. Pour into 2 small bread pans that have been lined with greased parchment paper. Bake at 350 F. degrees for 30-40 minutes.

MSG URL: http://www.recipelink.com/msgid/029233

Now for the question, how do we make our own rice flour?!? (I've got the rice, and I've probably got the means. Westie!!!)

Ooooohhhhh! Those recipies sound wonderful! Thank you Andrea! But where do I find sweet rice flour?

Bob's Red Mill sells it on-line: Bob;s Red Mill is sold in many grocery stores:

>>>Premium Short Grain Sweet Rice. Fragrant with a slightly sweet flavor. Also known as “sticky rice” for its soft and sticky texture. A specialty rice often used in Oriental confections. Sho-Chiku-Bai averages less than 2% broken kernels, while the rice industry standard is 4% broken kernels. (Grading standard for US #1 milled rice allows up to 4% broken kernels).<<<< from an advertisement

>>>>

Save 10% when you order in case "multiples" ( 12, 24, 36 )

AKA glutinous (not gluten) or sticky flour, this fine, white, bland flour is derived from a different type of short grain rice that is stickier, more starchy, & smoother textured than white rice. Can also be used up to 50% of total flour to lighten & bind baked goods. Excellent thickener, especially good for sauces that are refrigerated or frozen (it keeps liquids from separating).

Shelf life at least 1 year when stored in airtight container in a cool, dry place. <<<<<<< another Add !

If you have a grain mill, just mill short grain rice into a flour! That's what I do.......

My local health food store sells Bob's Red Mill flours. I'll take a closer look at the selections next time I'm there.

Thank you for all the help everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

cookies

Flourless Chocolate Almond Cookies

These moist and chewy cookies are perfect at Passover or all year. Please use the finest quality cocoa and real vanilla extract.

Ingredients:

* 2 cups coarsely chopped almonds

* 3/4 cup premium quality unsweetened cocoa powder, such as Valrhona

* 2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar

* 1/8 tsp. salt

* 1 T. pure vanilla extract

* 4 large egg whites

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Coarsely chop the almonds in a food processor or with a knife. Set aside.

Whisk together the cocoa powder, confectioner's sugar, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer. Combine the vanilla and egg whites in a measuring cup or bowl, and slowly add to the cocoa mixture, beating at low speed. Increase to medium speed and beat until mixture is glossy, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chopped almonds.

Drop 1/4 cup mounds of batter, 3 inches apart, onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Immediately reduce the oven temperature to 325°F. Bake until small thin cracks appear in the tops of the cookies and they are nearly firm to the touch, about 16 minutes. Cool cookies on the parchment paper, on a cooling rack, invert, and peel carefully from the paper.

Return the oven to 350°F. and repeat the process with the remaining batter.

When cookies are completely cool, wrap tightly, separated by parchment paper. These freeze well for 3-6 weeks.

Makes 10 large cookies.

Archived