MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The Move

BiscuitMaker

Well were do I begin---

I am so tired I hope this makes sense---

Well if some of you remember I thought I was moving in April and the deal fell through after we packed 276 boxes----So we just lived out of boxes from April until now not fun. And we had to put some in storage so we could walk through the house. Need less to say I have no idea what I have or had at this point.

Well our buyers finally sold their house and we found a new house we like that is about 1 1/2 hours from here.I just packed box 308 and I am not finished.

I have decided that the packing is not the worst part, it is all of the address changes and calling the paper, the phone company etc. it all takes way too long. And we did all of this is April and to change it all back. What a killer-----

Our new home is really nice a little smaller than this house, I guess I will have to pair down. It sits on an acre, and we have some trees and in Texas that is a big deal. The best part is the soil is sandy loom and here we are sitting on pure clay and gardening is not fun.

I will be without a computer on-line for a while as our neighborhood does not have DSL at this time. But AT&T says 30 to 90 days which I think means 6 months so I will do something else because I need it for work.

I have discovered I have tooooo much stuff that I must clean out.

I packed the kichen for 4 days I mean 8 hour days. Did I clean out this summer nooooooo. I guess as I unpack I will decide what I can throw away. The kichen is smaller but has a bigger pantry so I will have to see what fits at least it will be fun.

I will be able to can on my new stove!!!!!!!But the best part is the house has a front porch and covered patio in the back so if the sun is too hot on one we can go to the other. I can't wait.

So keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I will need them--

I will miss you all until I can get back on-line.

Oh! we have a well so no matter what happens we will have water!!

That was a goal--- coffee2

Hang in there Biscuit my friend! If you need help stuffing boxes I will happily loan you the Monkeys! They're good at stuffing boxes...assuming you don't care WHAT gets stuffed in the box!

Archived