MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy Friday the 16th

OldMaineBear

They keep claiming that we'll get sunshine.

Hm. It will probably be like the sunshine they said we had yesterday. Laie_93.gif

It is a whoppin' 2 degrees Celsius here. lol We have had tons of snow this year. It's been raining for the last week and a bit so most of it has melted away. The last 2 days have been colder, and frosty. Frost so thick it makes driving treacherous!

I got a new job and I start on Monday. I will have to give my 2 weeks notice. I can't work in 2 places at once. So I will not have a singe day off for 2 weeks! :-| It will be busy!

I am signing up for dragon boat racing this summer. I am really excited about it. It starts the first Sunday in April.

The fog comes on little cat feet...

03-Tree-in-Fog-2.jpg

Well, it's different than rain. I think I'll make some chowder.

Actually climbed above zero. Nearly a heat wave at 4 above.

Leah that sounds good or as we'd say in Maineiac.

Chowdah sounds sum smaht fuh suppah!! At'll wahm the innahds Mistah Man I'hm heah to tell yah, Ayuh t'will.

Hollywood people never get the Maine accent right. Especially the Ayuh!! That's the Maine Flatlander Detector word.

Almost 7 degrees here! Was a bit easier on the face, walking down to get my knitting needles and books packages. Yahooo... actually got a great little answer book on knitting stuff.... was reading through it, understood it quite clearly.

Checked my brand new dpn's... I should have ordered size 5, although I have all the smaller ones. Ah well.. will be using smaller yarn anyhow than I would for that size needle but they are good for bulky yarn socks like I would like to have for house socks and boot socks. Now I have to get used to this stuff, get used to knitting an even stitch and grasp all the intricacies of sock knitting. Got some great sock pattern books too with the other knitting books. Some of them are simple enough to start with I think.

If any of you are good with sock knitting PM me ok? I really want to learn this skill or I might be able to help you, who knows? Also member of yahoogroups, EasySocks and Socknitters, who have wonderful folks at all levels of knitting socks. I have been copying and pasting tips on the digest emails into a doc. Also doing a category in my Lists book which I carry with me for keeping notes handy to refer to if I am away from home because the list book is always with me in my carry bag.

clapsmilieknitbananawoohoowoohoo

My mother-in-law is from Marblehead, Massachusetts; lots of family over in Maine. Everything from fish to an old boot is either fried or thrown into a chowder. Good chowder!

It was 79 here today, made me wish I hadn't worn one of the sweaters I had pulled out of storage.

I lived in the upper US for 10+ years before moving to this heat. Bitter cold and wind chill forecasts were constantly monitored-had to keep ourselves and the animals warm.

I've actually begun yard work, watering and preparing my garden for planting season, which is in the next couple of weeks. Note to self: Check farmers almanac for the planting schedule.

I hope you all have a wonderful day, mine was busy, friendly, loving and covered over 100 miles.

Archived