MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

oscillococcinum really worked for me

Jayceef

Hey, had the flu yesterday and tried oscillococcinum. It really worked I work the night shift so woke up around 4:00 pm yesterday feeling dizzy. I had one of the chocalate smoothie shakes, because I thought I was maybe just hungry or something. That was a bad idea around 6:00 pm I started vomiting and couldn't keep anything down. I called in sick to work and continued to vomit until DH had been on the road to work for about an hour. Then I realized we are somewhat prepared for flu season and I had one box of oscill on hand and decided to try it. after the first dose I didn't vomit again. I did go to bed and rest (had a bad headache). Once DH was home this morning took two tylenol pm and went to bed again about an hour after he did. I was so hungry this morning when he came home that I made a frozen pizza for us for breakfast. So far I just woke up with a headache took some stuff for it, but no other symptoms. I am going to replace the box of oscill that I opened and get another one for my preps. Feels good to know something works out there that is over the counter and you can keep on hand. Anyone else tried this before?

GOODMORNINGDOGS2.jpg

Glad you are feeling better.

Ok, so now I have something else to put on my 'To Buy' list. I haven't even thought about this stuff.

THANKYOUSOMUCH2-1.gif for sharing this info with us. :)

haveagooddaywithflowers.gifHUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gif

This is one of my fave flu remedies. Also, the homeopathic "Nux Vomica" (10C) stops any rolling tummies or nausea FAST. A must on long car trips.

Thanks c4c I will have to get some of that. I usually eat some ginger candy from the health food store. Since being on the overnight shift I have noticed that my stomach is not what it used to be. It also helps DH with his stomach problems. The flu was running pretty rampant at the workplace and all over I think, I tend to pick up everything. :angry:

I thought that oscill was for the influenza and not the tummy flu, but I'm glad that it worked for you for that. You poor thing! I'll keep that in mind...also good to know about the Nux Vomica. Sounds gross but if it works I'll take it! LOL

Glad you're feeling better...

Turtlemama, I thought Oscill was for influenza type symptoms too. I took it anyway and it seemed to stop my nausea right away. DH was all for stocking up on it since it worked for me. Glad I was able to try it out I really only stocked up on it, because of this forum. You ladies are awesome!

• 4 weeks later...

there are a couple of over the counter flu meds... Oscillo is one and Zycam is another, and there is another but can't remember the name.. in my pantry and I am too lazy to go look.

While Oscillo is about $12 a dose, it is well worth the money to stop the flu from getting worse.

I think it is well worth having several doses per person on hand... and use it! you feel flu-ish, take it! then replace it!

I agree with the it really works!

I got the last two boxes for the hubby and me. I have two already, but I like to have extras. Since hubby works at the local hospital, I'm asking him to "find" some masks for us. I have two boxes of gloves. Plenty of other flu meds for him. And I have one box of Coricidin HB for me.( have to get more. it does help). I told hubby about the alert and he said, Huh, they just had a drill on friday.

Weird huh? I thought so.

I found my Ocillo for $9.98 at Walmart. Also got two of the new non-mercury oral thermometers. They were just a little over $5 each, and that was a dollar cheaper than CVS

Everybody stay healthy!!

We have used it and love it! Unfortunately we're out, I need to restock...Last time I bought it, it was around 20.00 Canadian. :o Still worth it but yikes...

Archived