MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Washington State members

Frontiergal

Hey everyone just wanting to say hi to everyone and would really like to meet people in my area...I live near Colville Washington....I am a member of homesteading today and love to garden and have been a preparer for most of my life. I'm 49 years old will turn the big 50 in september. And just think it would be nice to meet like minded folks in the area. Thanks,Heidi

Hi frontiergal!! wavesmile.gif

I've been playing with the idea of making posts where people could post in their state's or province's (or "other" ;) ) thread and then they could explore if they'd like to *carefully and safely* meet.

We are very concerned about our members' safety, and want to stress VERY MUCH that there are certain safety tips to keep in mind.

Whaddaya think, gals? Do you want to know how many more are in your state?

:shrug:

I wouldn't mind knowing other people in my area - but I agree, safety first.

My husband and I also run another homesteading forum of our own, and we have made friends there that we plan to visit in the fall, since I will be in their area while on a business trip. Kinda nice to be able to look up someone 'familiar' when traveling in a new area.

Cat, whatever happened to that membership map we use to have? Remember the one where you went in and flagged your area? I always thought that was so cool.

I have thought several times about asking for all Alabama members to contact me privately, I'm not sure if it would be good to list them in the public forums or not?

I'd also like to know many members in the Southeastern Region of the States.... more for curiousity than anything else.

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

welcomewelovenewmembers.jpg glad you joined. I'm not sure if I had said that before.

We use to have a place where we posted about our area, only by North, South East and West areas. Not by States, but, it was known which states were in each area. :) We just talked about the weather and what was going on in our areas, stuff like that. :)

I think it is nice to know there are others from my state in here. For a long time I was the only one from MN. and now there are at least 3 of us. :)

HUGS35.gifHAVEAGOODDAY.gif

I've noticed that there are a number of members who do not list their location on their profile/info. That would IMO help others contact each other privately to see if they'd be interested in letting others know where in their states they're located. Then there are the ones using their Klingon Cloaking Devices and going stealth ( anonymous ;) ) LOL

I've noticed that there are a number of members who do not list their location on their profile/info. That would IMO help others contact each other privately to see if they'd be interested in letting others know where in their states they're located. Then there are the ones using their Klingon Cloaking Devices and going stealth ( anonymous ;) ) LOL

I guess that makes me a "cloaked" member. I do not feel comfortable with specifics regarding my location on a public message board. There are some members here I would gladly invite to my home, and a couple times when I saw where a member might be making a business trip to my region I considered contacting them privately to offer my home as a backup retreat if TSHTF while they were far from home but relatively close to mine. (But the trips were cancelled, so it was not necessary) There are also lots and lots of newer members that I just don't feel I've had an opportunity to "get to know" yet. Just like there are folks at my job or my church that I do not know well enought to bring home, KWIM?

By the same token, I do not feel comfortable listing all my food purchases, personal protection details, etc. I would not like someone to be contacting me asking for those specifics, either, even in a well meaning way such as "Gee I've got three cans of powdered eggs, how many have you stored?".

So for me, being a tad anonymous is the way to go. :)

The thing is...you just never know for sure that someone is who they say they are.

I have met a number of our members in person, and that has been so cool. Then there are ones that I have not met, but I know that Darlene has met or Westie has met and since I've met them, that means these are REAL people! ;)

In all honesty, though, we must be careful. Although MrsS is a wonderful place it is not immune to 'those people' who have mischief in mind. So, cloaked and cautious are good things, IMHO.

Welcome, glad you're here.

I agree about being cautious re: our location, etc. We do have a great number of fantastic people here, but we never know when someone not so fantastic might try to join. Being careful, is just being prudent.

I agree... that *Cat* person is really wierd in real life!!! :blink:

OINK, no one at Mrs S is allowed to be "anonymous". The "Guest_Guest_*" you come across is actually multiple people whose identities were removed in one program glitch, then replaced in another. And those with names are not the ones who are listed, until you reach a certain time frame (I've forgotten when).

In one move, Darlene, Westie, Nana, Ginger (?), Mare, and others who posted a lot (me, too) had their posts just *POOF* disappear, so we are just grateful to see them all back, even with the names all messed up. :shrug:

I would be the first to say don't give out more information than you are comfortable with giving, for your own safety and that of your loved ones.

We could do a poll where people can vote only once, anonymously, if you like.

:bighug2:

Archived