MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Honeysuckle Jelly?

brendajo

There is thousands of honeysuckle vines growing on fences around my property and they smell so good. I found several recipes on line for honeysuckle jelly. Has any one here ever tried it? If it taste as good as they smell it might be worth making. Thanks.

Oh , yummy , when we were kids we would take the little antena thingys and eat the nacture from it.

I didn't know you could make honey suckle jelly.

Please let me know if you made any ; and how it turns out. pinkroses

There is thousands of honeysuckle vines growing on fences around my property and they smell so good. I found several recipes on line for honeysuckle jelly. Has any one here ever tried it? If it taste as good as they smell it might be worth making. Thanks.

I've made rose petal jelly. It was good. I say go for it :)

Basic flower jelly -- Wash the flowers. Make an infusion from edible flowers. 1 pint of flowers to 1 pint of boiling water. Most flowers have a bitter bit where the petal joins the flower so you must cut that part off. I use scissors and just trim the petals of flowers, leaving the points attached. (though once I actually snipped the points off 2 quarts of rose petals.... tedious beyond belief!) 2 C flower infusion 1/4 C lemon juice 4 C sugar 6 oz liquid pectin *optional; few drops food coloring Mix infusion, lemon juice and sugar in stainless steel or enamelware pan. Bring to hard boil you can't stir down. Add liquid pectin and return to hard boil. Boil at this temp. 2 minutes. Pour immediately into hot sterilized jars and seal. Process for 5 min in waterbath]. Makes 4-4.5 cups of jelly.

Recipe Source

• 2 years later...

Archived