MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

MANDATORY, legal vaccinations in Arkansas

Campy

June 26,2009

MANDATORY Vaccinations in Arkansas

According to the phone call, THEY ARE LEGAL IN ARKANSAS !!!!!

A member of the public who was concerned about a mandatory mass vaccination program in light of the swine flu pandemic called the Arkansas State Health Department for advice only to be told that mandatory vaccines were constitutional and could be enforced at gunpoint by the government if necessary.

The editor of the popular blog “Pissed Off Former Democrat” phoned the legal council at the Arkansas State Health Department to seek advice about obtaining waiver forms for a future mass swine flu vaccination program.

One of his main concerns centered around the fact that the company chosen to mass produce the swine flu vaccine, Baxter International, were recently caught in a scandal after it emerged they had sent out vaccines contaminated with the H5N1 avian flu virus to 18 countries from their Austrian branch. It was only by providence that the contamination was found after the batch was first tested on ferrets in the Czech Republic, before being shipped out for injection into humans. The ferrets all died and the shocking discovery was made.

Listen to the phone call.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9m6b1_wo...pt-legal-v_news

SIL is RN at HD in Ark. So far they are hearing, Go into every school K-12, and give 2 vac to every child this fall, one for regular flu second for swine. Can you imagine the nightmare this will be. There are not near enough nurses, even with volunteers to handle something like this. Still it is the plan so far as I hear.

SIL is RN at HD in Ark. So far they are hearing, Go into every school K-12, and give 2 vac to every child this fall, one for regular flu second for swine. Can you imagine the nightmare this will be. There are not near enough nurses, even with volunteers to handle something like this. Still it is the plan so far as I hear.

So would they not have to have the parents sign a form of some kind??? This is insane. My kids have been vaccinated for regular stuff they must have for school but I'm not so sure about this swine flu and I don't care to put my kids on the block as guinea pigs. Don't you think that this might just be a bit much for people to swallow?

I don't know if this will actually happen, but it doesn't seem that far of a stretch from what they already require for children to attend public schools. Aren't vaccinations required for children to attend now? Not these vaccinations, but many others?

At our school there is a manditory vaccine list however you can fill out a form to be exempt. I was concerned about Gardasil being manditory when it first came out and went to our school nurse and she assured me that she would never force parents to do anything. I will only have one child in the public school this next year and do not want her to have any shot that hasn't been properly tested and that I KNOW is safe.

blest

As far as I know, nothing has come down on requirements YET. This is a plan. Nurses have a hard enough time holding down kicking, screaming children with parents right there. Hopefully, they can opt out, but who knows. Many vaccines are required, but in Ark you can sign a form if you meet requirements. Whenever a child gets something that they could have been vac. for, they have a much stricter policy for when they can return.

I work in several schools in our district. I am very concerned that school employees will be required to be vaccinated. I would rather take my chances with the flu! It's a serious concern. No shot? No work. I don't want this to happen. I think it could though. I heard on Fox recently that preps really are being made for millions (?) of doses of vac to be ready for fall.

Talked to HD RN this morning. She had not heard about 4 shots. They are gearing up for great numbers of people coming to the HD and getting the flu vaccine on demand. Staff cannot take any time off after Oct 10 or thereabouts. She thinks parents will have to sign consent for children to receive them at school.

DHHS and state laws will require employees of health and probably educational categories to be vaccinated, thats already on the books, if not ya get fired. Period. Probably all state employees will be vaccinated as a matter of course. These regulations are already on the books. There are some old threads here about DHHS bills and such in the past, covering this matter in case of epidemics and things like anthrax outbreaks... biological attacks, etc.

Some states don't even send a note home to sign, the children in the schools are automatically vaccinated as per the state regs about it in any particular state. I have heard of alot of parents speaking up against it, but the only exception would be medical conditions and those are supposed to already be on record at the school the child is attending, otherwise.... you may only know after the fact that the vaccine was given, or not be able to stop it if your child goes to a public school. That is how strict things have gotten. Your child may not remember to tell you ahead of time, you know how kids are.... and it happens!

I have a feeling though that you will hear ahead of time that your state is making in mandatory ( Like Massachusetts did), and it is up to you to deal with it as you care to and deal with consequences depending on what happens then.

Actions and events occur

Beliefs about the event

Consequences

Decisions....

An individual can break down their anger and deal with it step by step if they choose to. The A,B,C, D method.... can be applied to any situation.

I put this in here because I know this is an action that upsets folks and has them absolutely fuming. Hopefully this tip can help folks with that sort of thing. At any stage in this simple process, changes can be made and it can change the outcome. It can be used for any upsetting issue someone has, in fact. It has been used by the VA mental health programs for several years now and is affective.

Just a note....never ask a state agency if they can constitutionally do something. They always think they can. I homeschooled my son starting in 7th grade and he is now in his 20's. He never got any kind of medicina, vaccinations, etc at public school. Now, there were some that were required for attending public school.

Interesting thing that they vaccinate children without prior notice or permission and they give them birth control information and supplies without permission and in some states abortions without permission but if they come in the emergency room with a broken arm, it won't be set until they get parental permission. Am I the only one that thinks this is illogical.

From what I heard adults will need 3 shots, each taken 3 weeks apart and children under age 9 will need 4 shots each taken 3 weeks apart.

I will NOT vaccinate my kids with these swine flu shots. I am a teacher and last year every teacher was required (as well as every student) to get the seasonal flu shot. If this flu mutates and becomes more virulent my kids and myself will not be at school and will not need to worry about getting the swine flu shots.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest from Arkansas. The Swine Flu vax will not be given in the school, as of now, only the regular flu vax. Also, understand that any shots given in school will have to be with parental consent.

The State HD is VERY worried about this flu season.

• 2 weeks later...

In an earlier post, I had indicated that an RN at the local health dept had been informed that they were going into the schools to give the shots to students, both seasonal and swine flu. Also reported on state news. Later, the TV stations reported that it would be only the seasonal shots given in the schools. On August 6, I heard another report on the Little Rock news that local HDs would give the swine flu vaccines in the schools. So who knows what will happen. As I said before, the nurses do not look forward to giving the shots in the schools. Many, many (probably most) children have kicking, screaming fits at the HD, and their parents do nothing to help the nurses.

Archived