MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Vaccines and a cure for autism

Campy

If you have an autistic child or know someone who does, this article may provide some hope for them. It contains audio interviews also.

http://www.naturalnews.com/026948_NaturalN...m_vaccines.html

Aleni Prokopius speaks out on vaccines and a cure for autism in NaturalNews interview

Monday, August 31, 2009 by: Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, NaturalNews Editor

I've been gettin a lot of autistic children in my Sunday school class recently. Our church has started a training class for all of the workers who deal with these children. My heart goes out to them.

I feel so angry about the damage that has been done to these precious children because of the chemicals in our foods and vaccines. I've read before about how the symptoms could be reversed by proper nutrition. The lady who is presenting the class is working on her doctorate in this field. She says ther's no way to repair the damage, the only hope is to train these kids to cope with their problem. I don't believe that. There have been many cases of total healing when a special diet is followed. Of course, symptoms return when the child strays from the diet.

There is a diet called the GAPS diet, which many swear by. The author is a doctor who cured her son's autism through diet. The book she wrote is called Gut and Psychology Syndrome by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride. http://www.gutandpsychologysyndrome.com/book.asp

I visit a mom's message board where several of the members use this with success. Here is a link to one of their many discussion. http://mothering.com/discussions/showthrea...;highlight=gaps

I'm with Homemaker, I believe that these children can be cured and completely healed.

You beat me to it, G&V - I was going to suggest people watch Natasha Campbell-McBride on youtube. It's a six part series as an introduction to the diet.

In my nutritional club, members are talking about complete cures. Children that were in special classes are now integrated with the others. The pediatrician that comes to our meetings is very impressed with her client's reactions to this diet.

Thanks for posting the link to YouTube. There is a student in my classroom where I am student teaching, who has aspergers (sp?), which I guess is a form of autism. He actually got very violent today, and physically attacked me. He is about 7 years old, but he's big enough to hurt me. If I have a chance, I would love to give his parents this link. I'm pretty sure he will not be attending the school, after tomorrow.

Thanks for posting the link to YouTube. There is a student in my classroom where I am student teaching, who has aspergers (sp?), which I guess is a form of autism. He actually got very violent today, and physically attacked me. He is about 7 years old, but he's big enough to hurt me. If I have a chance, I would love to give his parents this link. I'm pretty sure he will not be attending the school, after tomorrow.

Wow, Aspergers, from my limited experience, results in a child that is physically aversive to touch. We have some in our boyscout troop. It's amazing how many children have autism or autism like disorders, ADHD, etc. In my little town, it seems like 50% of them have something wrong with them. This year as we picked up my DSS from camp, we had to wait to hear the names of all the children that had to pick up their medicines from the nurse, and it seemed like every other child there also. These were pre teen to teen kids.

My husband and I have been talking about having a child for some time, which had to go on hold when his children came to live with us. We're on the prepregnancy diet right now. We decided that if it happens, it was God's will, and if it doesn't, that's fine also. But in the meantime, I'm doing all I can to make sure my body is a healthy, nutrient filled environment to grow a baby in. There's a lot of wisdom in the old way of waiting a few years before having a second baby, to let your body recover it's nutrient stores.

I've been trying to read about prepregnancy planning but there's not much out there.

Asperger's is a form of autism. The main difference between Asperger's and "autism" is that children with Asperger's can talk. Otherwise they have most of the same problems as the moderate/severe autism children. I think in some ways it's harder for them, because many people assume that since they can talk they shouldn't have the other problems. For many years, I thought that if we could get my son to talk, we could work through everything else and he could be "normal". I understand now how far off base that was.

There are many variables to autism. Some children love to be touch and held (my child being one of them) while others can't stand it. Generally it's related to problems with the central nervous system. I'm glad that my son likes physical contact, as my family is very physical. I think it would break my heart to not be able to hold him. (And we did have a time period where he would not allow anyone to hold him. I thought I was going to go crazy.)

Diets can and do help many of the children with autism (and ADD) but there are variables there as well. My son was found to have 13 food allergies. It sounds restrictive but in many ways it freed us. We eat little to no fast food. Meals are made from scratch. I preserve many things so that I know the ingredients are safe. Removing his food allergies and lowering his sugar intake have helped him tremendously. (and, surprisingly :rolleyes: , me as well)

As for full cures, I've heard of them. I have yet to see even one. I have seen children learn to communicate, and slowly, cautiously learn to interact with the world. I think as more research is done, we will find that many things cause autism. But in practicality, if the damage was done by something like mercury, then the damage is permanent. You can prevent further damage, and teach coping mechanisms but mercury damage is permanent. If the damage was done by something else, it may be possible to heal it. Depends on what caused the damage, and what type of damage was caused. That's what researchers are still trying to learn.

My biggest hope: that when they finally find a way for them to adapt or a "cure", my son will be able to use it.

I'm not saying you're wrong at all, I don't have enough knowledge to say that - and in fact, you may be right. However, I have seen these children, and seen the "cures." To be sure, they are not "cured" in the sense that they are not as "normal" as they could have been had the damage never been done. But the changes are miraculous to be sure. (And please note, also, not every child does respond to this protocol as mentioned above, BUT many do)

That being said, please take the time to look into Jenny McCarthy's autism site. http://www.generationrescue.org/

SHE claims she healed her child from mercury poisoning. Part of that was detoxing from heavy metals. I'm not convinced, but again, don't know enough about it to say she's lying or wrong. I don't have autistic children and only research it because the topic interests me. I have no scientific or even anecdotal evidence to present, just the reading and videos I've watched. I know people have claimed miracles from both Natash Campbell-McBride's protocol, and also from Jenny McCarthy's protocol, which both are similar but have varying differences.

MommaDogs

I'm not saying the ideas are right or wrong. I've tried many different things through the years. I will agree that I have seen many kids have amazing recoveries. While not normal, they can interact and learn and be happy. I send up prayers of thanks quite frequently for the big and little miracles that come for my son (and for me). And yes, diet can cause a lot of positive changes in kids with autism.

I'm not going to even go near second guessing Jenny McCarthy's drs. about whether her son had autism. That's is the height of ...hmmm, well we'll just say silly. Especially considering that I don't know any of them personally. That her son is cured to a level where you can't tell he had autism is absolutely fabulous. If mercury can be removed from the system before it does much damage then prognosis is very good. But mercury is a nasty toxin, and if it remains in the body, continuing to do damage, then while the mercury can eventually be removed, the damage is normally at levels that require intervention, possibly for a lifetime.

That being said - please take time to look at the CDC list of vaccine ingredients. While they have announce thimerosal free vaccines, when you check the site it turns out that they determined a safety limit for mercury. (There was no safe limit determined before). Anyways the result is that many vaccines list as thimerosal (mercury) free, actually do contain mercury. Please be aware of this if you vaccinate. IMO, there is NO safe limit of mercury for a child. They are injecting a nerve toxin into children who do not have fully developed immune systems.

(((krysyan)))

For the sake of you, your child and your family, I certainly hope you find what will work for your child. Since everyone's body chemistry is different, what works for one may not work for another. I believe that God can do miracles, and I sure hope you see this in your son.

As for the boy in my classroom, he is staying, for the time being. He has a "3 strikes and your out" order, so if there is one more incident, he's gone. We'll see what happens.

Kyrsyan, you bring up a very valid point about the additives in our vaccines. It holds true even for our foods and the sprays on our produce and etc etc. They have established a supposed 'safe' level that is allowed yet in almost all instances there IS no safe level only an assumed one. Even when a safe leve can be determined, the safety has not been determined by the exposure to the thousands of other 'safe' things we are exposed to nor is the 'safe' level established with the possibility that we may be in contact with that product more than once.

I read a study once where the blood of native Alaskans was studied for chemical exposure and hundreds of chemicals were found even though the natives had never injested or come into contact with those chemicals. They ate a locally grown or hunted diet and used very few 'modern' products. Where did the chemicals come from? It's not hard to determine that it has to be in the environment. We are being exposed daily to environmental polutants that we are unaware of. No wonder our children have difficulties with supposed "safe" levels of mercury.

Kyrsyan, I bet your son is a blessing to you and your family even while it is difficult to handle the situation. I'm glad you are here at Mrs. S to help us all to understand the difficulties you face and to voice a warning to others. Thank you.

:grouphug:

Grace&Violets, Were you able to find out what triggered the tantrum? All I can say that might help is "calm soothing environment" and "routine, routine, routine". I don't know how much of that you can provide but those things normally help.

Mother, When you mention safe levels, I have to laugh. The most obvious example of this is plastic. When first released for public use I was considered safe. There was no expectation that it would become as heavily used as it is nowadays. So even if they tested and did their 1000 times the danger level, the amount in everyday use now is sooooo far beyond that.

And my son is one of the biggest blessing in my life, even with (or maybe sometimes because of) the difficulties that are present due to his illness. :D My life has become "general insanity" and I'm getting used to it. (And oh boy, do you ever have to think things through when your planning stuff!)

Kim

My DGS has autism. He was diagnosed last Sept. and could only say about 10 words. He lined up everything. Never played with toys the right way he just wanted to line them up. Made very little eye contact. My DD got him into all sorts of therapy. At first all he would do in therapy was have melt downs, he would bang his head in the floor, cause himself to bleed and they padded his room at his speech therapy. Then we got him a weighted belt, he wore it into therapy the first time and that was the end of the melt downs. After 5-6 times of wearing the belt he didn't want it on anymore and didn't need it. He was 3 last june he goes to a special preschool for kids with autism and is doing great. He talks up a storm and the teacher says hes a leader and helps get the other kids involved in things. We feel the shots played a part in his autism but we have no proof of course. He has to be taught everything. Even simple things like opening a door for someone, he will do it because hes been taught to but he has no idea hes being polite. Not all these kids are sensative to touch, some are sensative to loud noise, bright light. Most of them are very picky eaters, they don't like the texture of a lot of foods. Most of them have bad gut issues. My DD also has a 19 month old DD, she got a religous waver from the health dept. to put off some of my DGD's shots until shes past 2 yrs. old (autism usually hits before 2). So far my DGD is fine but my DD is still terrified of the shots. When my DGS was first diagnosed all we did was cry but now I just tell myself it could have been alot worse. He has alot of trouble answering questions but is very smart. We have no idea if he will ever get married or even be able to live by himself but all we can do is hope.

My daughter born in 1984 got autism from vaccines from which she had extreme reactions that resulted in allergies and the fact that she can never have another tetanus vaccine.

In her case I carefully watched her diet to see what triggered her attacks. I was advised in her case to remove all wheat, milk had already been removed soon after birth.

It was also determined that she could not handle sweets though she was highly desirous of them. Just one chocolate chip could send her out of control. It took a lot of strength and determination to handle this child alone after my husband died. Bur I do believe that due to my diligence and God's help she has out grown Autism although not her serious allergy to most medication and she has a medical exemption so she will not have any more vaccines.

Twilight

Kim, what an interesting point you bring up, even though it wasn't one you made directly. What about those that are diagnosed with autistic, but maybe aren't really, or maybe are low on the scale? After all, it is the diagnosis of favor right now. My three step children all were diagnosed at different times with ADHD and put on Ritalin, which we were successful in stopping... and guess what, none of them were "ADHD" - which I consider a bogus diagnosis in 99 times out of 100. Not that there aren't some, but come on, not every other child in my school district. What about those that are diagnosed with autism, but wind up becoming "better" - will those raise hopes in those that have true autistic children? Very good point, and I thank you for opening my eyes to that possibility also. I'm surprised I didn't think of that.

Oh, I feel for you all.

Twilight: My neighbors have a 35+ year old autistic child. Let's just say, Baby Huey is not stretch of the imagination to compare him to. He's easily 6'8" and over 350 lbs. His dad is about 5'6" and 175 and mom is about the same height and about 140 lbs. We had a party and they came. He waited until Mom and Dad weren't looking and polished off two plates of cookies. About an hour or so later, he was squeezing his Dad and hurting him and you could see he was trying to get him to stop, but Dougie was just too strong and wired. It was scary. It wasn't until then that I realized how dangerous he was. My DH is 6'2" and 240 and he had him in a headlock that he couldn't get out of. Not because he meant anything, but because he can't control himself with sugar and doesn't know his strength. They have a separate fridge with a lock on it for anything with sugar in it. I used to bring over cookies to be friendly, but Dougie attacked me once (in an eager, friendly way) and took them from me and just scoffed them. So, now I don't do anything like that. He's a sweet guy, but really just huge and strong. How dedicated his parents are, too. They never go anywhere without him. They're a great family, and I can't imagine the commitment they have... it's hard for me to even think of ever being able to never have a moment alone for the rest of my life. God bless them.

Never heard of GAPS diet,...something new....

I have twins with autism 19....

I do not believe in trying every new fad that comes out saying this is going to cure your child of autism. Like someone said earlier what works for one may not work for another...every child is different...And I am not saying I haven't tried things....Not many though.

My boys can read, write, spell do basic math..social will always be a problem but for now they are doing ok...

No one knows what causes autism speculation yes...

What I believe IS for some vaccines..food and enviroment has alot to do with it...Look at the Amish community...what is the rate of autism in there community?

I hope I am not sounding to much of a downer I'm not trying to be..I am just cautious....

My boys have taught me many things..and I wouldn't be whom I am today if it wasn't for them....

Suzann

What about those that are diagnosed with autistic, but maybe aren't really, or maybe are low on the scale?

I'm of two minds on this. There was a recent study, done just on moderate to severe autism in California, that proved that autism is an epidemic and better diagnosis/misdiagnosis is only a small percentage of the true problem. For which I am grateful, because I was about to strangle more than a few people that kept qouting "better diagnosis" as the sudden cause for the rise in autism. My typical response was "please show me the adults with autism in my generation that meet the current numbers". (Of course my ex was one that was undiagnosed but that's a whole nother story.) But many professionals were using that as an excuse to not do their jobs, or not put significant effort into trying. Yet at the same time, I have met two different people who had the school system try to tell them that their child had autism solely because of a lack of ability to talk. In all other ways their child was normal: would interact with other kids, with adults, was "aware" socially of others. After talking to both parents they argued with the school system and forced them to hold off for about 6 months. In both cases, within 6 months the children were doing fine. One just didn't feel a need to talk a lot (but would talk to you if you asked a question), and the other starting bouncing back as soon as the parents separated (highly stressful household). I think, in the long run, we will find that there is an epidemic but at the same time a proportionate amount of misdiagnosis. Some of the misdiagnosis caused purely by the push to discover autism as early as possible.

And I have sympathy for your neighbors, yet I have to accept the possibility of that for my future. The only thing I have conceded so far, is that in his thirties I will start looking for a group home (if that is how the future goes since he gives me surprises everyday). That way, he has a stable environment that is not completely based on me. Not sure if I'll actually do it because I've seen way to many abusive situations, but I accept that I may need to. My preference is to get him to a level where he can take care of himself with only simple intervention.

Suzann, I understand your caution. I view it the same way. My mother occasionally drives me nuts because she doesn't accept his autism, and is continually throwing the newest "cure" at me to try. Or deciding that he can just be bullied out of it. I'm still not sure how I bypassed that phase (maybe it's still in hiding) but I'm sooooo grateful I did. My son is my son. I will be thrilled if he learns to care for himself, and learns to communicate his wants and needs in such a manner as to be at least partially self-sufficient. As long as he is happy in life, then I will be happy for him. I would feel the same way if he was typical, it doesn't change just because he's not.

My DD also has a 19 month old DD, she got a religous waver from the health dept. to put off some of my DGD's shots until shes past 2 yrs. old (autism usually hits before 2).

Why would anyone have to get a "waiver" from the health department? Is it because of day care? Just curious, because the thought of compulsory vaccines makes me nervous.

I decided with my youngest DS not to have him vaccinated at all until he was five years old and ready for school. It was my choice, and I didn't even get any grief from the pediatrician. But I was at home with my kids, so maybe that's the difference.

Why would anyone have to get a "waiver" from the health department? Is it because of day care? Just curious, because the thought of compulsory vaccines makes me nervous.

Every state has it's own laws. In my state, you can get a religious or medical exemption. In some states, you are also allowed a waiver based on your sincere belief that vaccines are not for your child. In some states, you can only get a medical waiver. If you go to www.nvic.org, you can find out more. It's a great resource.

If I had a child, I would not vaccinate against 90% of the diseases that are receiving vaccines now, and the rest that I may choose would be done only after she was older and they would be spaced out, no multiple vaccines.

I would move to a state that allowed it, if I had a child of my own, as I feel that strongly about it. However, you're all right, it's not solely vaccines that cause it, IMHO. As that youtube video explains, in some children, it starts in the womb as the mother may not have the best immune system to pass on to the child, there is a gut-brain connection and many of these children have difficulties digesting foods, etc. There's a lot to it, watch the video if you are interested. It may not be a cure all, but it does shed some light and I think helps take it in a new direction, which is healing the gut to help heal the mind.

All I know is that we never had any autism in my family, and now between my brothers and cousins, we have two (out of 8) children that have been diagnosed with autism.

My son is my son. I will be thrilled if he learns to care for himself, and learns to communicate his wants and needs in such a manner as to be at least partially self-sufficient. As long as he is happy in life, then I will be happy for him. I would feel the same way if he was typical, it doesn't change just because he's not.

Ditto....Yes partially self sufficient..at least...AND Happy.

My boys are my boys...

Some people ask if there was a cure would you want them to be cured....thats like saying would I want there very essence of whom they are to be taken away and live with a semi stranger.

Yes there is still alot to be learned and hopefully God will allow me to live long enough to be able to do so....

My DD got the waver just in case th DR. or anyone tried to give her static about holding off on the shots. My DGS is high functoning and a ball to be around. He loves to make people laugh. I hope like everyone else that he will be able to live on his own and take care of himself, I guess thats our biggest worry. There is no autism in any of the families. I told my DD from the start the number 1 thing was for him to be happy. He loves to be around other kids, is now talking up a storm he isn't too great with the "w" questions (where,when) but getting better. It breaks my heart when I ask him a simple question and he looks at me with that blank look because he doesn't have a clue what to say but when hes having fun and laughing its the best feeling in the world.

Archived