MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Extra Egg Yolk uses

Hey y'all,

My doctor recommends eating two egg whites to each egg yolk. I hesitate to do that because I don't want to waste the yolks. I know y'all are going to give me a thousand good ideas.

What am I gonna do with the extra egg yolks!!

Thanks!!

When you make egg salad for the rest of the family, you can slip an extra yolk or two in that. The yolk is what flavors egg salad.

Beware of feeding them to animals who already have aromatic tail-burps. The yolk adds flavor there too.

NOODLES!!! Lots and lots of noodles!!!

You can save them up in the freezer until you have enough. I need to look it up... I think now they say it's best to stir in a bit of water before freezing. I used to just put them into a container in the freezer until I had enough for noodles.

Noodles are so great. You dry them and they keep like rice or macaroni, no freezing necessary.

One of the perks of having our own chickens was having lots of extra eggs... whites for Angel Food cakes, and yolks for noodles!!! :wub:

I think Cat has an excellent idea. But if you're not going to use them for noodles and you don't really have another use for them, at least give them to your critters. They'll love 'em. And it's better to at least help fill their tummies, and stretch your critter food out longer too, than to throw them out.

Thanks!! All good ideas!!

A friend of mine gave me this yolkalicious recipe last night:

Katie's Mom's Chocolate Pudding

3 heaping tablespoons cocoa

3 heaping tablespoons corn starch

dash salt

3/4 to 1 cup sugar

Mix them.

Separately, mix in saucepan:

3 yolks

2.5 cups milk

Pour just enough wet into dry to make a paste, then dump rest into saucepan. Stir continuously over medium heat until all the lumps are out and then raise the heat. It won't thicken until it boils, but you can't stop stirring. When thick enough for you, take it off the heat.

Whip it with your wisk, adding:

2 tablespoons of butter

1 teaspoon or more vanilla.

Cool and eat. Very like mousse.

Beware of feeding them to animals who already have aromatic tail-burps. The yolk adds flavor there too.

:24: That would also apply to human tail-burps!

:thumbs: I haven't tried powedered egg whites yet. I need to do that and start getting those stocked up!! Any brand or purchase recomendations for best quality and price? Thanks for the suggestion.

Love the recipe. Will try it soon!! DH just had all his wisdom teeth extracted and we're still looking for soft stuf to eat!!! and he loves chocolate!!

Archived