MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Books on Cooking with your preps

Hello All!!

I was looking for a good book to give me some good ideas for new things to make with the food I have in my storage rotation.

Here's a few I was looking at:

Cookin' with Home Storage - by Peggy Layton and Vickie Tate

Make - A -Mix - by Karine Eliason

I can't believe it's Food storage - By Crystal Godfrey

Cooking with Food Storage made Easy - By Debbie Harman

Food Storage 101 - Peggy Layton and Vickie Tate

Does anyone have any of these?? Are any of them good? Any other book you can recommend???

I really would love to have them all but money could best be spent elsewhere.

Thanks in Advance!!

http://beprepared.com/recipes.asp?ai=1&amp...hcd2=1264102492

thats a link to some recipes using a stockpile and freeze dried and dehydrated foods. Theres a book on there somewhere and I'm looking for it. Haven't found it yet. It's one that I want to buy also.

I have and use the Make a Mix book. Very good book. Theres also a follow up book to go with it. I would suggest you try to find them at the Library and see if they're some that you like and would use before you buy them. Thats what I did with the MaM book.

If I find the book on that site I'll post a link. Or you may be able to find it

I have the book cooking with home storage--pretty good

I have really tried to tailor our LTS foods to what we eat everyday, so I really don't need any special l recipes--just my favs!!!

CORRECTION!! TO MY PRIOR POST...

Cookin' with Home Storage - by Peggy Layton and Vickie Tate

Food Storage 101 - Peggy Layton and Vickie Tate

Of those you mentioned, I have both; Cookin' with Home Storage is the one I give to people who are looking for a storage info book. It is packed with good recipes. The Food storate 101 is more on actual storing of foods, setting up a storage area, rotations, etc. It is good too, but in a different way. Also see if you can find a copy of Making the Best of Basics By James Talmage Stevens (many used copies available on Amazon very cheap, that is where I get my copies to give out to others. It addresses not only recipes for the Basic foods (wheat, dried milk, etc) but is very good on other storage concerns such as how long will a gal of kerosene light your lamps, etc. Cookin With Home Storage and Making the Best of Basics are the two I would not be without these days. Both are excellent and worth the money

Thanks to all of you for your input!

My "local" library is 30 mins away so I don't go there often.

I'll check for some used books on Amazon.

I put Making the Best of Basics and Cookin with Home Storage on my list.

And Oink - I'll check out that link. Thanks!!

Archived