MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I am so sick of everyone here being sick!

Vic303

Ok, so here is my moment to whine...

Back on June 10, my Monkey 3 came down with high fever, sore thrroat--Hand Foot & Mouth disease. Then when she was just well enough to go to VBS, Monkey2 caught the same virus! 3 days later, just as he was going off to the last 2 days of VBS, Monkey 1 came down with HF&M. So I was relieved when it SEEMED that everyone was done getting sick...that was 2 wks ago this coming Saturday...so on Monday June 22, Monkey 3 (my little Plague Vector) came down with viral gastroenteritis. Puke puke puke, no food for 5 days, puke puke puke...and everyone is just barely well enough to enjoy cake on the 26th for Monkey 2's birthday...and Monkey 1 gets sick the next day...Sunday, and today is the first solid food she has eaten and kept down...Wed she puked 5x and I had to resort to ice cubes to keep on top of the hydration. So today to celebrate (since we had to cancel our trip to Alabama this week to visit my sister for my neice's wedding) something positive, we went out to a pair of empty play parks just to get out of the house and such. And of course, on our way in the door when we got back, Monkey2 blew his lunch and soda all over my shoes and the front porch! And DH has to go out of town this weekend...so I will likely be stuck at home with yet another barfing child who will be wholly miserable and probably will be sick for the next 5 days!

I swear, I am gonna cook me a Ribeye steak and have a Bloody Mary tomorrow I think!

Vic, sounds like a full blown hospital at your place.

How are the kids recovering?

Ohhhh...that is terrible. So sorry for you. It gets you down, doesn't it? all the work involved of caring, cleaning and life is just so out of normal and you wonder why why why?! We were sick from Feb to April with various ailments...one was a flu that just didn't want to let us go and we all came down with it. Strange esp. since we rarely get ill but when we do, it seems like it gets us good. So I do feel for you and sending good health vibes that this will be the end of it for your family.

Aw Vic!!!

I know how awful a mom feels when her little ones are sick...especially when they are throwing up. They feel miserable and you feel miserable for them. Not to mention all of the added cleaning, laundry, and general stress of trying to keep them not only comfortable but safely hydrated. Girl, I will be hoping and praying that not only will your kids get well and remain that way, but that YOU don't get it -- especially while your DH is gone! I hope that all y'all feel better quick and that the rest of the YEAR nobody at your house gets sick...you've earned several months of health!

Oh wow, Vic! I'd surely be whining by now tooooo! :grouphug: <-----Internet hugs not contagious, blissfully!

Lord, we pray for a break for our worn-out mom of three monkeys. Hold Your hand over this house and heal them all. Give Vic the peace of good nights of sleeping without interruption. Bring her DH home safe and microbe-free. Comfort the monkeys since they too, are undoubtably sick and tired of being sick and tired!

MtRider :pray:

Archived