MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thursday and yes....IT'S STILL RAINING

Dee

Morning everyone!

Another rainy morning here. This gloomy weather has about got me down so I'm going to disappear from here until the sun shines again. If I don't I'll write something ugly, because of my mood, and will feel bad about it forever.

Anyway, I'm playing bridge this morning so that's a fun thing. This afternoon I think I'll do some cooking ahead. DH is out of pancakes, sausage and eggs so will cook some of those for the freezer. Just things like that.

You all have a good day and see you in a few days. :grouphug:

Sunny and cool in my corner today! Getting ready to put elk roast and sweet potatoes in the crockpot for dinner. Also will find and wash jars to can the remaining elk in tomorrow. I do have a couple of bills to mail and take the pups to the park. Giving myself a pedicure this eve. That's about it for me.

I was wondering about cooking eggs for the freezer too!? Scrambled? Have a good day all!

awwwww finally some rain here--supposed to for a few days too :woohoo:

going to start building the bar for the kitchen today--have some help coming over later to help me move a very heavy china cabinet back into the dining room (now that the floors are laid) my kitchen/dining room in really starting to come together!!!

going to do a little more winter prep today--tons of washing to do to get everything ready!!! I opened up the tubs of winter clothes and ohhhhh they STINK!!! everything has to be washed now!!!! most of the winter stuff was packed away when we were in Wyoming--and it has now been almost 8 months since I smoked!!!! :woohoo: but, boy, do those clothes smell like smoke!!! I don't think I ever knew how bad the smoke smell was!!! it will take awhile--but so worth it to get that smell o0ut of everything.

Have a good day everyone!!!

It's sunny. Not to hot, not to cold, just right. I feel like Goldilocks.

Deerslayer- Good for you. :woohoo: Have you added up all the money you would have spent on smoking?

I'm washing clothes that the kids are not wearing over and over so the new THE RULES are:

If you haven't worn it in the last 6 months.

Goodwill

To small...

Goodwill ( don't care if you love it)

If you kinda, maybe ,sorta, like it just a little ,maybe ...

Goodwill

The one they hate the most...

You are old enough to do your own LAUNDRY. When I'm done with sorting the stuff for Goodwill it's your job.

THANKS yup sure do know how much i am saving!!!

me--2 packs a day-== $9.00 a day

hubby--1 1/2 packs a day===$9.00 a day

total==$18.00 a day

$540 a month

$6570 a year :woohoo:

ALSO I think I get SEVERAL more years with my family now that I don't smoke anymore!!!

ALSO dd quit, her fiance quit, her future sil quit, future bil quit, my sister quit, hubby's aunt quit,

I KNOW you are not supposed to--but ALL thee people quit off of my chantix presciption!!! :woohoo:

Beautiful weather here today. Miki, that roast and sweet potatoes sure does sound yummy! I have 2 pie pumpkins that I intended to cook today, but the phone has been ringing all day. I had to start ignoring it to get supper cooked and the dishwasher loaded. I did get one call though that made me laugh. My cousin (that calls me her second mother) called to check on me today. She had a lot of damage to her house from Katrina, so instead of rebuilding, they decided to move to Indiana where her dh has family. I sure do miss her. I was telling her about the soapmaking thread here and asked her to look for ingredients for me at the amish settlement near her. She has never seen me do anything but cook, quilt,sew, can or just 'mom things'. Never thought I'd get a computer. Well, I got a little warning about talking to people on the internet- then a big laugh about 'mama trudy' making friends in cyberspace! What is it about kids and their ideas of what moms should and should not do . They have their own ideas about what we are supposed to act like- and they don't want us to veer from that. Seems like we got our roles turned around today. I'm supposed to play the role of "old hen' and she is supposed to be the 'chick' LOL I know she was talking out out of concern. I'll bet my years of 'concern' sounded the same to her! Maybe I'll let her take over my role 'cause I need a rest! Kids sure can be funny, but 'ya 'gotta love 'em.

Archived