MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thursday's Tidbits

Dee

Morning all :wave:

I have a meeting this morning at 9:45 so I only have a minute to start our day off.

First off, before I forget, the answer to yesterdays riddle was "chain letter". Michel pm'd the answer to me and ta da, he was right! :)

It was great news from Robie about his new son and that both wife and baby are doing well. Congratulations Robie and family!

I hope you're all having a good day and that at least one extra nice thing happens in your world today! :grouphug:

Riddle #2......How do you know a vampire likes baseball?

Morning,

Your riddles are baffling me, I like them.

Today, MIL has us scheduled for the Fall Luncheon and Fashion Show "Creating a More Beautiful You" presented by the Woman's Dept. of the Greater El Paso Chamber of Commerce.

(I can hear it now.... ".... this is my DIL I've told you about...." :Blushing: aaakkkkkk! Does anyone have a log I can hide under? :0327: LOL)

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day.

I'm recovering from a sprained ankle. It just about killed me yesterday not to do anything around here. Today, I've vacuumed, swept, mopped, started laundry..... going to hit the basement while the kids are at school. I don't want them to see what I'm getting rid of. :happy0203:

Strange morning, here.

Checked my lottery ticket... I won $39. It will pay for supper tonight because I am fresh out of ideas and sick of the leftver pot roast. (I have cut back on that one vice of mine, so it is a nice surprise.) (Lottery, NOT pot roast! :whistling: )

Walked out the door to go get Grandson to babysit (I pick him up where DD works, then take him back to their house. Gives me time to get lilDD out to school safely before I get him.) and watched 5 or 6 deer high-tail it (literally! LOL) back into the woods.

On my way down the country road, there was a small farm trailer that had been filled with corn tipped over beside the road where the farmer had left it in frustration, I'm sure.

Further down the road, a car was parked beside the road, people around, dirt thrown clear across the road, and dirt on *top* of the car. :blink: I stopped to ask if they had help on the way (which they did), and they said the girl was driving and a deer ran out in front of her. She swerved to miss it, and hit a big pile of dirt. Luckily nobody was hurt (including the deer), but what the HECK? How in the WORLD? The dirt was a few yards off the road, and the car was beside the road, so it is very confusing as to how it all happened. I doubt even she knows. May have been the hand of God protecting her.

Little guy messed another diaper, so I gave him a bath, fed him, & he's sleeping well. :wub:

NO IDEA on the riddle... vampiresmile.gif

kittifer.gif

:shakinghead: And the very minute I edited to explain that my vice is not pot roast, he woke up SCREAMING and it took a long time to calm him down enough to feed him. He gets tummy gas and there are times it just has to work itself out. :(

Some days...

That kind of day is hard Annarchy but just keep telling yourself by tomorrow it'll be in the past. Kind of like a dentist appointment or something else you dread.

Wormie, of course you can answer the riddle right here. I meant to tell Michael that too. Answering first is good....you win nothing, I'm sorry to say, but it does show you're brilliance! :)

Yikes City Chick, sprained ankles hurt! Hope you get to feeling better soon. Good work on cleaning your basement and getting rid of stuff....you're welcome to come start on mine whenever you'd like. ;)

Cool on the lottery ticket Cat. Supper out sounds like the perfect way to spend it. You deserve supper out after babysitting all day, especially after a cranky baby day. Those deer can cause problems. On my way to the meeting this morning there were 4 standing along the edge of the road. Thankfully I saw them in time. I honked and they went back the way they came from. Decided afterwards that really wasn't smart. There were no other cars in sight so they'd have crossed and been gone. My honking probably just allowed them to come back in a few mins. and possibly get someone. DUH!!

Anyway, I'm home for the rest of the day and glad to be here! :wave:

Sounds like everyone had a fairly challenging day!! I canned 10 pints of pickled jalapenos and 6 pints of salsa. thought I would only get 5 but I was wrong! Also made choc. peanut butter cookies and edited all photos from Darlenes weekend. I have worked 3 shifts already at the restaurant and have the rest of the week off. Only 3 short shifts next week and I think I'm lucky to get that. Think I'll start sewing a little again. Hope you all have a great evening!

Oh, wow, what a busy day, snapshotmiki!

When DH was on his way home, he was following a woman who got "t-boned" by a car coming off an exit ramp who never even slowed down for his red light. No one died at the scene, the woman's vehicle had crash bags, the pickup didn't but the guys seemed to be only injured.

But it reminded him of the fragility of life, and how quickly things can change. He hugged me *TIGHTLY* when he got home.

Archived