MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Cold and snow

gofish

It started snowing about a hour ago and the road is looking white. 1 to2 inches today.

If lake effect kicks in they say we could get pounded.Up to a foot by Tuesday.

Thursday night one of my Son's friend didn't want to wait for the train to cross so he ran across the tracks.He lost the race. My oldest had a friend that was hit and killed in that area 2 years ago.It's a spur line and trains are slow on it. People just don't want to wait.

This afternoon my Son is going to help setup for a concert that a band from church is putting on. This group of collage kids have taken Son under thier wing and are mentoring him. I love these guys.

DD2 was at a sleep over last night. I think she will sleep until the concert time.

I'm going to clean out the kitchen cabinets today.I've had mice.

I hope you have a great day.

Beautiful day here in the Southwest! Cool and sunny to partly cloudy. Had a good and busy day yesterday at work! this morning my favorite antique shop opened. I got a $10 rocking chair - should have been more. and a Queen Buzzy Bee to play with the pups. I'm going to try to make salt dough tree ornaments today. I have camel and coyote cookie cutters that I think will make cute ornaments. Shall try to rest a bit today as I work again tomorrow.

I am sorry about your sons friend, Gofish. The young often think they will live forever. Glad your son has Christian friends and family to talk to.

Have a good day all!!

I came in so happy, in the Christmas spirit, listening to carols and waiting for DGS to come in and help me decorate the tree and then we'll bake cookies this afternoon. There's snow on the ground and it's cold, 21 as I write, it's just a magic time of year. I am still going to have a great afternoon with this special little boy BUT my heart aches for your sons friend and especially the boys family. I can't imagine such a loss and yet I know it happens all the time. With tears in my eyes I'm sending up prayers for this crushed family. So sad!

Miki, I'd forgotten all about salt dough ornaments. Think I'll look it up on the internet and see if it's something I think DGS is ready for. Thanks for the idea!

You all have a good day. :wave:

It is cold here today...28 degrees right now. I've already made one run to the bank and to the feed store. Later, I'll go to the dollar store to pick up a couple of things.

It is quite sad when a young person loses a life. They truly don't fully understand the concept that bad things can happen to young people and that they cannot live forever here on earth. One of my cousins died in a similar manner about 20 years ago. The whole family was shocked. Although it can be hard to find a silver lining in something so awful, for my family, there was one. My aunt and uncle had been divorced for more than 15 years but the death of their son brought them back together. I now have a beautiful little cousin that I didn't have before.

My condolences to your son and to the family of the young man who lost his life...:sad-smiley-012:

Yeah, it's really sad... two boys were together and decided to run for it. The first one made it, the second didn't. So the first boy will have to live with that, too. Often it's the first one who suggests it, and so he/she's quicker getting across. The others hesitate. :(

DH and I got up early and went to Staples to get a computer. Yeah, it seems like a good deal, but it wiped out the "Christmas" money. Luckily I have already found lilDD's present on sale and bought it.

We don't usually go "all out" buying a bunch of gifts anyway... we haven't had the money. But DH has been saving up. The grandson is too small for tearing open gifts, but I had hoped to get something for DD & hubby and DS. We'll see. Maybe it will be food gifts.

DS spent the rest of the morning setting it up for me and reinstalling my "stuff". He got a good home-cooked meal out of it, plus DH went to help him fix his car. There's an antifreeze leak. (gofish, is it CATCHING???? :o )

Saw a slide-off that went into a ditch this morning, coming home. I hope they weren't hurt. Police and ambulance were already on site. So yup, it's slippery!

So sorry, gofish, for your sad news. :( We had a shock this week when we got news that my husband's cousin had been murdered. All over an illicit relationship.

We awoke to 6 inches of fresh snow this morning. It helped to cover up the mess that the junk guy failed to remove this summer. :mad: He did not live up to his agreement, so DH and I need to decide what to do about it.

Our fire just doesn't seem to want to catch this morning. It's warm enough in the house, but if we can't get on top of it, it will be too cold in here at bedtime.

DH is in town shipping stuff to the fellow in NC who is buying the treasure hunting paraphernalia that we got when we bought this place. Later we'll be chopping up more of our downed branches to use for kindling. Our woods has a ready supply of downed trees for us.

As I was picking up Son's BF to take them over to the church to help, he was telling me how angry he is at his friend for dying. My Dh had to take DD1 to her friend's funeral.

This past summer I took her to another funeral for her friend that was killed in a traffic accident.

Son wants to go to his friend's funeral. Dh will have to take him.

Yes the young think they will live forever.

This is what made me so mad when DD1 got involved in drugs. She still feels that everyone is making to big of deal out of her drug use.After all she only used METH 3 times in her life and can control it.

Since DD1 is in rehab right now I don't know if she knows that this boy has been killed.She didn't say anything about it today when I went to see her.This may become a set back for her.

Dh is working on my antifreeze leak. With it getting colder and lake effect I don't want to be cought without antifreeze.

Oh, gofish! That is so very sad, especially at this very special time of year. Your son and his friend's family are in our prayers. It's very, VERY normal to be angry at someone for dying - - part of the grieving process.

We had lots of sunshine and got up to 82 degrees today! I had the air conditioner on earlier, but turned it off about an hour ago. And now, I've just turned on the heat! It's already dropped to 65, and is supposed to get into the 30's tonight. If you don't like the weather in south Texas, just wait a minute & it will change!

Tonight we lit the 4th Hanukkah candle. The boys are learning the blessings, and are doing pretty well with it. Xander, who is 4 1/2 calls it "the pledge." I think he's confusing it with what he says at school every morning. Toby, who is 3, said the blessing all by himself. It went something like this: "Blessed is the King of the Universe who blows out all the candles! YAY!!!" Gotta love him!

I ran errands and then cleaned our little guest house. Sam and I live in the guest house, which is kinds of like a big motel room. We have our TV and computer out here, and our little 2-foot Christmas tree. Easy to keep clean, too. I picked up a snowman "welcome" pick to put in the pots on each side of our door. . .looks cute! Almost time to go pick up Sam from work. Before I leave, I'll put our supper into the crock pot for when we are back home. . . . lemon chicken, fried rice, cabbage rolls and crab rangoon!

Hope all have a wonderful weekend, and a blessed day tomorrow! Hugs~

Archived