MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Miles for May 1 - 7, 2011

Snowmom

GOODMORNING4DOGS.gif

My leg is not ready for much as of yet, so I am going with 6 miles this week. I've shopped, and our DDIL is in the hospital in town and we have been there to see her a number of times.

She is in all kinds of pain and they haven't found the problem yet. She is having surgery to see if they can find the problem this morning.

You are all doing so good, and Ann, you should be counting a mile for that yard work you are doing. That is hard work.

I am in hopes to get this leg healed up as we are heading to TX in a couple weeks for our Grandson's Graduation. Kansas City, or St. Joseph, not sure where we will get off, but, do know we are taking 29. Anyway, we are heading down the 21st and will be back about the 4th or 5th of June.

haveagooddaywithflowers.gifHUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gif

(((((Momo)))))))

Excellent job TMC. How do you feel? I remember when I could walk distances. 3 miles a day, at least.

I hope you enjoy yourself Snowmom, take time to heal properly before pushing yourself. The way I figure it, any movement counts for me.

This past week we uninstalled the security bars on all the windows, then replaced my washer and dryer, dealt with people in/out, unpacked 10 boxes, did "Lady's Day Out" with a friend, cleaned house and dug up lawn and planted.

Mon - 2 miles

Tues - 2 miles

Wed - 1 mile

Thur - 1 mile

Fri - 1 mile

Sat - 4 miles

11 miles total. Wow! Really?

Thats great, ladies!

I ended walking five miles home, including 4 hills, yesterday because I didn't want to wait for the area bus for 4 hours. I was surprised but it was finally a gorgeous day and not too cold or too hot to try and I had my steel water bottle in my pack.

It was a bit much for the balls of my feet. They were very hot and pained by the time I got home. But I made it and after a while of resting my feet, and discovering I really did not form any blisters, they are ok, so that was a relief.

I was not sure if I would be able to do it, stamina wise, but I took a couple sit down rests on the side of the road under the shade of the trees on the new grass coming up now that its warmed up, for a few then kept going.

I could feel some tendons really feeling it, since I had not been walking but they also loosened up just fine today, so I am glad, but will maybe just do the 3 mile route I do around town this weekend if its not raining hard.

It was nice to know I could walk the five miles already but my feet need to toughen up more before I do that again and I have the opportunity next Friday, although if its pouring that day as rain is expected for a whole 7 days, I may just bring a book to the clinic and read till the bus comes, that day!

:grinning-smiley-044: hole in my preps here, no good new balance cross trainers in my possession, OR quality rain jacket and pants. I do have a red poncho but it doesn't keep your pants dry if its long walk and its windy at all. :sEm_blush:

Annarchy-

When it was first confirmed that the busfare was going up, I started to walk to work, but I only walked 2 or 3 (out of 4 days) days because I got rides or had unusual circumstances. In a way, that probably helped to condition me for walking all 4 days per week. This week felt pretty good. It is nice to have a restful time before going to work. My route takes me near a dirty creek where there are a lot of bird species that I don't usually see in my own backyard. This week, the crabapple trees were in full bloom along one portion of the walk and it was so pretty. My knees felt pretty good, as did my back. I wear my sneakers and keep a couple of pairs of black shoes under my desk so that I can change when I arrive.

Note to Arby- My favorite brand of sneakers are RYKA. There are made by women and for women. The first time that I priced them out, I found them to be very expensive. Needless to say, I didn't buy them. While on vacation a few years later, I found a pair on sale at a shoe outlet in Florida for $25. They were the most comfortable sneakers I had ever worn. Now they are all that I buy. I have found that a lot of stores and websites, like Sears, Famous Footwear, etc... have them on sale . I think it is because they are not as popular and most people have never heard of them.

Archived