MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Stinging Nettle Recipes?

Hey all! So, I grow nettles in among my tomato plants. Apparently, nettles and tomatoes are best friends in the gardening world. Anyway, I've always tossed a few nettle leaves in with my stir-fry but other than that, I've never really cooked with it. Last night, I had to trim my nettles back A LOT and figured I would cook some up. So, I tried this recipe for nettle soup found at this site:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe-Tools/Print/Recipe.aspx?RecipeID=165071&origin=detail&&Servings=5

I thought it was pretty good, but my family gave it a BIG thumbs down.

Does anyone have any tried and true nettle recipes they would like to share? I've got lots of nettles to keep trimmed back (if I don't, I can't access my tomatoes!)

Thanks!

Okay, I found these, but I think I might try a version of nettle quiche instead of spinach. I'll let you know how it goes!

http://www.mariquita.com/recipes/nettles.html

Note on Nettles: These are a great and healthful green to eat, but they are only eaten cooked. Take care when handling,

they will sting while raw. It takes very little cooking to shed the stinging.

What I like to do with nettles, from Julia

1) make a tisane (herb tea) with them. I like the taste of this tea, especially right after you swallow: it's delicious. Herbaceous, yes, bright green, yes. I just love it. recipe/instructions are below

2) order nettle anything on menus when I'm eating out. What did Chef A. or Chef B. do with nettles tonight!? I want to know.

3) use them as a cooking green. They're rather tender, and once they hit the heat the sting leaves nearly immediately and they are not only safe to eat,

They are beyond healthy and quite delicious. I saute them with a bit of garlic, S & P and toss with noodles. Same as I would do with kale or chard in a basic noodle dish. Read on for more recipes. enjoy!

RISOTTO WITH NETTLES

Recipe by Joanne Weir thanks, Joanne! her blog

6 ounces nettles, stems removed

2 cups homemade chicken stock

2 cups water

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

1 small yellow onion, minced

1 cup Arborio, vialone nano or carnaroli rice

3/4 cup dry white wine, preferable Sauvignon Blanc

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

¾ cup finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano

1 tablespoon unsalted butter

To remove the stems from the nettles, be sure to use latex gloves.

Place the chicken stock and water in a sauce pan and heat until it is hot but not boiling. Reduce the heat to low and maintain the heat just below a simmer. Place a ladle in the pan.

Warm the olive oil in a large heavy casserole over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 10 minutes. Add the rice and nettles and stir for 2 to 3 minutes to toast the rice and coat with oil.

Add the wine and simmer, stirring constantly, until the wine has reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes. Add a few ladlefuls of stock to the rice and stir to wipe the rice away from the sides and the bottom of the pot. Continue to stir until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Add another ladleful of stock and continue to stir until the liquid has been almost absorbed. Continue to add stock and stir in the same manner until the rice is no longer chalky, 20 to 25 minutes total, depending upon the variety of rice. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the pan from the heat and add another ladleful of stock, the butter and the half of Parmigiano. Cover the pan and let sit covered off the heat for 5 minutes.

Remove the cover and stir. Place the risotto in a bowl and serve immediately. Pass a bowl of Parmigiano alongside

Serves 4

Nettle Risotto

1/4 pound young nettles

11 oz risotto rice (i.e. arborio)

2 leeks or 1 onion, cleaned and chopped small

2 Tablespoons butter or olive oil

1/2 vup dry white wine

6 cups or slightly less chicken or vegetable stock

1 oz grated Parmesan cheese

S & P to taste

Heat the stock in a large saucepan. Wash the nettle leaves. Blanch for 2 minutes in boiling salted water, drain and chop very finely. Cook leeks/onions gently in half the butter in a large saucepan for a few minutes until tender. Add the prepared nettles and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring. Add rice and cook over a slightly higher heat for 2 minutes while stirring. Pour in the wine. Cook, uncovered, until all the wine has evaporated, then add about 1 cup boiling hot stock; leave the risotto to cook, stirring occasionally and adding about 1/2 cup boiling stock at intervals as the rice absorbs the liquid. After about 14 - 15 minutes' cooking time the rice will be tender but still have a little 'bite' left in it when tested; take off the heat and stir in the remaining butter which will melt and make the rice look glossy; sprinkle with the freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste, stirring gently.

CHEATERS VERSION: purists, close your eyes before you go on!

yes, I sometimes make risotto in my pressure cooker, with results that satisfy a family staying home to eat that night. Just don't tell Nonna! Cook up the onions/leeks in the butter/oil in a pressure cooker. Add rice, stirring often, until lightly golden. Add nettles, stir them in. Add wine, stir to mix. Add broth. Increase heat to high. Continue to stir until it all comes to a boil. Close pressure cooker lid (use instructions that came with it, the newer versions are quite safe). Cook on the first red ring if you've got that kind. (I have a Kuhn Rikon) Adjust heat and cook on the first red ring for 7 minutes. Remove from heat, run the whole pot under cold running water until the pressure is safe/done so you can *safely* open the pot. Open up, stir in the parmesan cheese. It works for me! -Julia

Nettle Frittata

by Mark Gordon of

Terzo in SF

Yield: 6 portions

½ # Cleaned Nettle Tops

4 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil

1 Garlic Clove, Chopped

6 lg Organic Eggs

¼ C Heavy Cream

Salt & Pepper to Taste

Preheat oven to 300º Cook 1/3rd of the nettles in one tablespoon of the olive oil in a non-stick pan. Cook until tender adding a small amount of water if needed. Repeat this 2 more times adding the garlic on the third batch. Place all of the cooked nettles on a cutting board and chop finely. Place the nettles in a bowl of a food processor with the eggs, salt, pepper and process until the nettles are incorporated into the eggs. Add the cream and process for 10 seconds. Heat the non-stick pan on medium with the remaining tablespoon of oil. Add the nettle mixture and with a rubber spatula move the eggs around to get the entire mixture warm. Place into the oven and cook for about 12 minutes. Let cool for 3 minutes then turn the frittata out onto a plate and cut.

Nettle Tisane

Nettle tea is pleasantly herbacious without tasting like you are steeping a suburban lawn. I find the ‘afternotes' especially pleasant and mellow. Nettle tea is reported to be a great blood and liver tonic. A nice thing about this recipe: you can use the whole leaf and stem, no need to remove the leaves from the stems. I use a little tea strainer when pouring the final tisane into cups.

1 pyrex measuring cup

boiling water

nettles to loosely fill 1/3 to 1/2 of the measuring cup

1. Soak the nettles in cool/cold water for a few minutes.

2. Boil the water

3. Rinse nettles, using tongs or dishwashing gloves to not sting your hands.

4 Place cleaned nettles in measuring cup or teapot or glass bowl, pour water over to fill cup, and steep the ‘tisane' (a tea made with fresh herb) for 5 or so minutes. Enjoy.

Sauteed Nettles with Green Garlic & Olive Oil

Created by: Armando "Tiny" Maes of

Lavanda

serves 6

1 ¼ # Nettles, Cleaned

3T Green Garlic (Chopped)

1/2 cup Olive Oil

Salt & Pepper (To Taste)

First preheat a large sauté pan on medium high heat, (one large enough to accommodate the nettles, you can even use a large pot as well). Second pour ¼ cup of the olive oil into the preheated pan. Then put all of the green garlic into the pan sauté briefly for about 30 seconds, just enough time for the green garlic to release its essential oils, being sure not to brown or burn the green garlic. Place the nettles into the pan and give it a good stir, let sit for just a second and then continue the stirring process. Once the nettles are completely wilted place them on a plate, drizzle with the rest of the olive oil and place a couple of lemon wedges for garnish.

Note: The nettles do not have the water content like spinach or other similar greens. So it might help to put a couple Tablespoons of water into the pan after the nettles have started cooking, just to hurry the cooking process. Myself I do not put the water, because I like the texture of the nettles when you sauté them. It is like little crispy nettle leaves and it also brings about a certain nuttiness.

Fettuccine with Nettle & Ricotta Pesto

Created by: Armando "Tiny" Maes of

Lavanda in Palo Alto

serves 8

1# Fettuccine (Preferably Fresh)

1/2 pound Nettles

6 oz. Ricotta

5 oz. Pine Nuts

1/4 cup Pecorino

2 T Parmesan

3 T Green Garlic (Chopped)

1 ¼ cup Olive Oil

8 T Sea Salt

6T Butter

First you blanch the nettles in salted water. Bring 1 gal. of water and 4 T of sea salt to a boil. Then place the nettles into the boiling water, just blanching them for about 1 minute. Take them from the water and place them into a strainer so that the excess water can drain away and so they can cool down to room temperature. Then rough chop the nettles and squeeze them dry as best you can. Place the nettles into a blender or food processor; add your oil, 4 ounces of pine nuts(saving the rest as a garnish) and the Green Garlic. Blend until all ingredients are combined about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Place the combined ingredients into a bowl, add your pecorino, parmesan and ricotta. Finish the pesto by folding in the three cheeses just until it looks like everything has come together.

In a separate pot bring 2 qt. Water and 4 T sea salt to a boil to cook the pasta (you should be able to taste the salt in the water, if not add more). In a separate large sauce pan or large sauté pan place about just less then half of the pesto mixture, 6 T butter and about a ¼ cup of the pasta water, heat all ingredients just till hot but not boiling or popping. In the pot cook the pasta for approximately 2-4 minutes pull the pasta from the water and toss with the warmed pesto sauce, cook on medium heat for just about 2-3 minutes so that the sauce has time to infuse into the pasta.

Nettle Soup by Maud Hallin

Serves 4

½ lb. fresh nettles

1 quart chicken broth

1 hard boiled egg

1 tbs. butter

Rinse nettles. The soft stalks can be used. But if you pick nettles of fully grown plants, use only the leaves. Of course, the fresh young tops are the best. Be sure to wear gloves, as they sting, until they have been cooked. Put rinsed nettles in a pan with a quart of water. Put to a boil. Push down the nettles into the water. When all nettles have been softened, drain liquid from nettles. Puree the nettles, mix with the chicken broth. Heat up mixture, add salt and pepper to taste. Of course, you may add chives, or a dash of garlic. As this is considered a spring dish in Scandinavia and Russia, an egg, which symbolizes rebirth, is often added. You may add some lovely quail eggs, or half an egg. The white and yellow looks especially nice as a center piece of the soup. The most elegant version is to chop an egg and mix it with soft butter. Put mixture onto some plastic wrap, and form into a sausage. Refrigerate until hardened. When ready to serve soup, cut egg/butter mixture into thick slices and put into center of soup plates. Excellent for increasing your intake of iron. Nettles freeze very well. If you have a garden, or plants, save the liquid, as fertilizer. If you allow the liquid to ferment, it works nicely as a bug spray. What many modern city people don't realize is that nettles are considered in some countries as exquisite as wild mushrooms. Nettles are used in many other countries, but to people in the Northern Hemisphere, after a long dark winter, these very early spring greens add a very needed supplement of iron, and fresh vegetables, when the root cellar was getting pretty bleak.

Martin's Nettle-Topped Linguine

1/2 pound linguine, cooked during nettle prep

2 Tablespoons olive oil

1 Tablespoon unsalted butter

1 bunch green garlic, or 4 cloves garlic

1 shallot or small onion

Salt and Pepper

3/4 pound of fresh Nettles

fresh Parmesan or Pecorino cheese to grate

Nettle Preparation: Soak in cold water for at least 5 minutes while you put together the other ingredients. Completely submerge the nettles in cold water. Take care not to touch them yet. With a glove, remove the leaves from the largest stems. Some folks eat the stems too, it's up to you.

Cook shallot and garlic in the oil and butter over medium heat. Spin dry nettles in a salad spinner. Toss the dried-off nettles into the garlic/oil pan when the shallot is softening and toss with tongs until the nettles are wilted. At 1/4 cup or so water, turn to low heat, then cover, simmer until soft. Add cooked noodles, season to taste, and serve with grated cheese.

Potato Nettle Soup

2 cups Nettle Leaves (young shoots)

1 Onion

6 small Potatoes

8 cups Water

1 tsp salt

1 tsp. Parsley

3 cloves Garlic OR 3 stalks green garlic

Puree onion, garlic, and nettles with 1 cup of water. Cut potatoes into small pieces. Simmer pureed mixture with potatoes and remaining water for 45 minutes or until tender. Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes making the soup thick and creamy.

Andrea, thanks for the nettle recipes. I learned to use nettles from a elderly neighbor when I was very young and have eaten them since (lots of years past since then LOL). I don't use fancy recipes though I will try a few of these as they look wonderful, particularly the potato soup one.

I use them in place of any cooked green. They are an especially good substitute for cooked spinach. I often use them with eggs in an omelet or quiche and they are great cooked with sausage or ring bologna and potatoes. If the weather has agreed I use them in place of cabbage or kale in Colcannon with corned beef or ham for St. Patrick's day in March. We often have them peaking through the snow in sunny spots in the garden at that time. I also juice young nettle leaves with other vegetables or fruit.

I dry them for winter use as tea or as an additive to soups and other dishes. I also use fresh and dried nettles as a hair rinse. It is nourishing for the hair and after using it a few times it leaves even my gray hair shiny and silky and more easily managed.

When we pull out old nettles, and we have lots of nettles here, we put them in an old wash tub on a stand. It has a hose in the bottom and we put a screen over the opening inside so it doesn't clog the hose. We set it in the sun and fill it with water. After a few days it starts to look kind of gooey and starts to ferment. At the end of the week we drain the liquid into a bucket and use it for fertilizing plants both inside and out. My brother is hoping to use it dried, if possible, as part of a hydroponics system he is setting up in a greenhouse for winter production. For that purpose we will most likely be hanging the nettles in large bunches to dry for him in our own greenhouse which gets fairly warm during the summer months but is also shaded. I dry lots of herbs but never dry them in direct sun so this is a good place to use.

I have nettles growing with our tomatoes also but I’ve more than once gotten ’stung’ because I didn’t keep it clipped as well as I should. Interestingly enough, nettles are purposely used to sting areas of arthritis as a counter irritant to help the pain. It works but is hard to keep from itching the cure. :)

One last hint. Jewel weed often grows in the same area as nettles and the juice from that plant will stop the sting of nettles fairly fast. If all else fails, the juice of the nettles itself often will serve the same purpose.

There are dozens and dozens more ideas for nettle use on the web. It is not a weed, it is an amazing herb. :happy0203:

:bighug2:

I use nettles anywhere I would use any other mild greens. My family cant tell spinach from lambsquarters from spinach, so the sky is the limit. Creamed greens, or a cream of spinach soup is a favorite, but nettles are also tasty in quiche, in cheese strata-type casseroles, etc. I even cook them, then dehydrate and powder them. The powder is a good way to put greens in dishes without detection, if you have greens haters eating at your table.

Thanks Mother! Great Info!

Kappydell and Mother, do you blanch the nettle leaves before dehydrating them or do they go straight from the plant to the dehydrator? I'm guessing the dehydration process eliminates the stingy spines? Your input would be very much appreciated! I have a lot of nettles that I hate to see go to waste!

Thanks again!

I cut nettle leaves, stems and all, using gloves and a scissors. I have also used plastic or cloth bags. With one hand inside the bag I grab the stems with the bag and cut with the other hand. Then I turn the bag inside out over the plants to carry them. This is especially good if I‘m gathering them while camping. I fill a sink with cold water and swish the leaves, stems and all, up and down to loosen any dirt or bugs that might be in the plant. If I used a plastic bag to gather I just peel it down and use it as a hand hold to swish the stems.

I shake the plants well over the sink or spin them in my salad spinner and then lay them on a big towel and pat them dry. Wearing gloves, as they will still sting yet (but not nearly as badly) I pull the leaves off and lay them directly into the dehydrator. If I’m hanging them to dry I re-gather and tie the stems together and hang them in a warm place out of the sun. I often hang them this way in our greenhouse which is totally shaded by trees during the summertime and makes an ideal dehydrating shed. They do not sting after they are dried.

When I freeze my leaves I do not blanch them either. They won’t keep as long that way but we rarely need to freeze them longer than six months or so and they are fine that long and longer if needed. If I’m cooking them I do so right from the frozen state and if I’m going to be using them in soups or omelets I often take them from the freezer and immediately crush them while still frozen. That makes fine crumbles just right to flavor or enhance whatever I’m cooking. I sometimes do this after they are totally frozen and then put them back into the freezer right away. That way they take up less room. I do the same thing with kale and etc. The greens store better in those flat packages.

I do most of my nettle dehydrating in the spring when the new growth is lush and before the flowers come on. They are at their most medicinal at that point. I gather new growth or only the tops the rest of they year and use them for fresh.

An interesting anecdote that happened to me many years ago. One hot summer day, after the nettles had flowered in a bed near my door, I happen to notice small wisps of what looked like smoke coming up from the flowers. I showed the kids and they joked that it was the “wee” people smoking their pipes in there. I had never seen this before and called our arboretum to ask what it could be. It seems they had not seen it either but did some research for me. The best we could come up with was that it was pollen coming off the plant. I just happened to be at the right spot with the right weather conditions, at the right time perhaps. It’s no wonder I love plants. They do such interesting things. :)

:bighug2:

• 2 months later...

Andrea, I cook them first. Then dry until crispy. Then I powder them for soups, and just put them in a jar for other uses. If the leaves break or even shatter I still use them. They rehydrate faster when they are small.

• 5 months later...

I was out cleaning up the front garden bed, trimming back things, pulling up things I didn't get to last Fall, and getting ready for the new planting season. Lo and behold, my nettles are going to town! In fact, they never really died back this year. So, I clipped off all the old stuff and I have lots of lovely fresh green nettles to work with! My first thought was, YES, now I can dehydrate some! Thank you all for your responses about dehydrating nettles! I know I'm late in replying, but I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate the info!

Who knew a common weed could be so useful?

Stinging nettle

Overview:

Stinging nettle (Urtica dioica and the closely related Urtica urens) has a long medicinal history. In medieval Europe, it was used as a diuretic (to rid the body of excess water) and to treat joint pain.

Stinging nettle has fine hairs on the leaves and stems that contain irritating chemicals, which are released when the plant comes in contact with the skin. The hairs, or spines, of the stinging nettle are normally very painful to the touch. When they come into contact with a painful area of the body, however, they can actually decrease the original pain. Scientists think nettle does this by reducing levels of inflammatory chemicals in the body, and by interfering with the way the body transmits pain signals.

General Uses

Stinging nettle has been used for hundreds of years to treat painful muscles and joints, eczema, arthritis, gout, and anemia. Today, many people use it to treat urinary problems during the early stages of an enlarged prostate (called benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH), for urinary tract infections, for hay fever (allergic rhinitis), or in compresses or creams for treating joint pain, sprains and strains, tendonitis, and insect bites.

Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)

Stinging nettle root is used widely in Europe to treat BPH. Studies in people suggest that stinging nettle, in combination with other herbs (especially saw palmetto), may be effective at relieving symptoms, such as reduced urinary flow, incomplete emptying of the bladder, post urination dripping, and the constant urge to urinate. These symptoms are caused by the enlarged prostate gland pressing on the urethra (the tube that empties urine from the bladder). Laboratory studies have shown stinging nettle to be comparable to finasteride (a medication commonly prescribed for BPH) in slowing the growth of certain prostate cells. However, unlike finasteride, the herb does not decrease prostate size. Scientists aren't sure why nettle root reduces symptoms. It may be because it contains chemicals that affect hormones (including testosterone and estrogen), or because it acts directly on prostate cells. It is important to work with a doctor to treat BPH, and to make sure you have a proper diagnosis to rule out prostate cancer.

Osteoarthritis

The leaves and stems of nettle have been used historically to treat arthritis and for sore muscles. Studies have been small and not conclusive, but they do suggest that some people find relief from joint pain by applying nettle leaf topically to the painful area. A few other studies show that taking an oral extract of stinging nettle, along with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), allowed people to reduce their NSAID dose.

Hay fever

One preliminary human study suggested that nettle capsules helped reduce sneezing and itching in people with hay fever. Researchers think that may be due to nettle's ability to reduce the amount of histamine the body produces in response to an allergen. More studies are needed to confirm nettle's antihistamine properties, however. Some doctors recommend taking a freeze dried preparation of stinging nettle well before hay fever season starts.

Other

Some preliminary animal studies indicate that nettle may lower blood sugar and blood pressure, but there is not enough evidence to say whether this is also true in humans.

Plant Description:

Stinging nettle is the name given to common nettle, garden nettle, and hybrids of these 2 plants. Originally from the colder regions of northern Europe and Asia, this herbaceous shrub grows all over the world today. Stinging nettle grows well in nitrogen rich soil, blooms between June and September, and usually reaches 2 - 4 feet high.

Stems are upright and rigid. The leaves are heart shaped, finely toothed, and tapered at the ends, and flowers are yellow or pink. The entire plant is covered with tiny stiff hairs, mostly on the underside of the leaves and stem, that release stinging chemicals when touched.

What's It Made Of?:

Stinging nettle products are usually made from the leaves and stems, and sometimes the roots. Root preparations are used to relieve symptoms of BPH.

Available Forms:

Stinging nettle is available as dried leaf, freeze dried leaf, extract, capsules, tablets, and as root tincture (a solution of the herb in alcohol), juice or tea. It also comes in the form of an ointment or cream to be put on the skin. The root appears to have different pharmacological effects than the leaves.

How to Take It:

Pediatric

Although available in many combination formulas to treat colds, asthma, and allergies in children, a specific safe and effective dose for children has not yet been established. Talk to your doctor before giving stinging nettle to a child, so the doctor can determine the proper dose.

Adult

Stinging nettle is used in many forms, including as teas, tinctures, fluid extracts and creams. The freeze dried leaf capsule is very popular among male physicians.

Precautions:

The use of herbs is a time honored approach to strengthening the body and treating disease. Herbs, however, can trigger side effects and can interact with other herbs, supplements, or medications. For these reasons, you should take herbs with care, under the supervision of a health care provider.

Stinging nettle is generally considered safe when used as directed. Occasional side effects include mild stomach upset, fluid retention, sweating, diarrhea, and hives or rash (mainly from topical use). It is important to be careful when handling the nettle plant because touching it can cause an allergic rash. Stinging nettle should never be applied to an open wound.

Because nettle can alter the menstrual cycle and may contribute to miscarriage, pregnant women should not use nettle.

Do not self treat with nettle for BPH. See your doctor to receive a diagnosis and to rule out prostate cancer.

There is some evidence that stinging nettle may raise blood sugar and could possibly interfere with diabetes management. There is also evidence that it can lower blood sugar. Either way, patients with diabetes should monitor their blood sugar closely when using stinging nettle.

Stinging nettle can have a diuretic effect. If you have kidney or bladder issues, speak with your physician.

Possible Interactions:

Antiplatelet and anticoagulant drugs (blood thinners) -- Stinging nettle may affect the blood's ability to clot, and could interfere with blood thinning drugs, including:

• Warfarin (Coumadin)
  • Clopidogrel (Plavix)
  • Aspirin

Drugs for high blood pressure -- Stinging nettle may lower blood pressure, so it could make the effects of these drugs stronger:

• ACE inhibitors: Captpril (Capoten), Elaropril (Vasotec), lisinopril (Zestril), fosinopril (Monopril)
  • Beta blockers: Atenolol (Tenormin), metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL), propranolol (Induran)
  • Calcium channel blockers: Nifedipine (Procardia), amlodipine (Norvasc), verapamil (Calan, Isoptin)

Diuretics (water pills) -- Because stinging nettle can act as a diuretic, it can increase the effects of these drugs, raising the risk of dehydration:

• Furosemide (Lasix)
  • Hydrocholorothiazide

Drugs for diabetes -- Stinging nettle may lower blood sugar, so it could make the effects of these drugs stronger, raising the risk of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).

Lithium -- Stinging nettle may have a diuretic effect and may decrease how well the body excretes the drug.

Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) -- In a scientific study of patients with acute arthritis, stewed stinging nettle leaves enhanced the anti-inflammatory effect of diclofenac, an NSAID. Although the effect can reduce pain, talk to your doctor before taking or using stinging nettle if you also take NSAIDs.

Read more: http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/stinging-nettle-000275.htm#ixzz1kri7l3We

• 7 months later...

My midwife told me to drink nettle tea for the iron. a litre a day she said!