MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

An update on us

Carie

Hello ladies,

I am hoping to spend the next little while getting caught up on all your news and events. I have several projects going and just haven't been here very much (although I seem to be on the computer a lot!). LOL Anyway, I thought I would send out a little update and let ya'll know how we are doing.

A week ago yesterday, the police showed up here. It seems that my parents/brother had called them and filed a complaint that my dh was driving by my brother's house early in the morning and playing his radio to loudly, shining his headlights in brother's windows and revving his motor. They claim that he was doing this because the charges against my brother were dropped. We, however, didn't know that the charges against my brother were dropped...we do now. It takes my dh 5 seconds to drive by brother's house on his way out the driveway. I watch him leave every morning. He doesn't stop or slow down. He just drives. And he drives a kia. You can't hear the thing run at all let alone rev the engine. It would be funny if it wasn't such a sad commentary on our current state of affairs. Anyway, the officer that came out was being a jacka$$ and dh got mad. I turned into a big deal.

Dh got depressed. You see, 12 years ago when my parents gave us this ground my dh asked me if they would ever hold it over our head. I told him no, that I was sure that they weren't like that. Well, that's all they've ever done and he is blaming me for this mess. He was mad at God and just mad in general.

We have had several prospective buyers call and make appointments to see the house but many of them have just not shown up. The 2 that did show up took 1 look at my brothers trailer and said never mind :( It is very depressing.

We had a tough weekend last week. I cried all the way through church because I just want to pack up, leave, and start over. Dh doesn't want to ruin his credit. I don't want dh in jail, etc. During the evening service our friends at church prayed for us and the men hashed out the many options with dh. At least he was talking to someone! Tuesday he broke down and forgave me. It was 20 mins. after that and my phone rang. It was one of the prospective buyers that had come to see the house and he wants to buy it! We are still waiting on the final word from his bank to begin the selling paperwork, but we are cautiously optimistic that this might actually be it!

So we are praying. Should hear something on Monday. I'm hoping if this falls through that dh will just hire a realtor and let us move.

In other news, our oldest son graduated 8th grade Thursday. I don't feel old enough to be the mother of a high school student. LOL

I'm catching up and I hope that all of you are well!

Blessings,

Carie

It is so good to hear from you, Carie! I was wondering how things were going. Dealing with family is never easy. I will keep you and your immediate family in my prayers and I genuinely hope that the property sale goes well for you. What a terrible thing to have to endure! Now that the charges have been dropped, your brother will probably only become more bold.

Congratulations to the high schooler! You aren't old, you are well-seasoned!

Thanks ladies! Yes, we feel that he and my parents are becoming more hostile as the days go by. It is horrible to sit here day after day wondering what is going to happen next.

Thanks for the prayers!

Carie

I will pray too Carie and hope that your husband and you can sell and get out of there and get a fresh start somewhere else. This is the good stuff I can pray for but I would also keep a small memo pad and document everything your family does to you, each incident, brief description, time and date so that you have a record of your own in case you need to have some proof of their behaviors if it continues. Keep praying too, God will give you wisdom and comfort for all of you and congrats to the graduate! TMC is right, you are well seasoned now! :rolleyes:

Archived