MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What makes you happy..............

Amishway Homesteaders

Was on the phone talking with my Mom and she always wants to know WHAT we are up too, knowing we are ALWAYS busy and running here and working there, visiting and/or helping others.

SO

She was having one of 'those days' and asked me-

"So Michael what makes you happy today?"

My answer was "PING!"

WHAT was the reply I got.................

"What are you talking about?" she asked

~~~Are you all getting it yet~~~

Yes we were canning up a storm and every time 1 little jar seals after we take them out of the canner we both smile and say "one!".

Now on some days we would hear 'ping', 'ping', 'ping', 'ping', 'ping', 'ping', etc.

and THAT makes me very happy!

As I said my Goodbyes with my Mom saying (whilte laughing) - only YOU!

"See that is why you are always happy , becuse you can see smiles in even the little things".

....and as I hung up another jar went PING!............ and I smiled!

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Those little things are enough to make one happy once one learns to be happy with little things!

I am one such person. PING makes me happy too; so does having a canning-bee. You know - all the women folk come over and peel apples and talk-talk-talk while another cuts up and a third one cans them in multiple canner loads. Then we all split them up to take home.

I wonder if anyone in my new neighborhood will like canning bees? Maybe my BF would like to help me pick up all my elder aunties for one. Better put the seats back in the van. (Applesauce season..!)

No matter, it is only ONE thing that makes me smile. I also like to make others smile. Too much grimness in the world today to spread any more around. We got "plenty 'dat!" (grim news and attitudes).

Those little things are enough to make one happy once one learns to be happy with little things!

Man you are so right-

For us it IS the simple things that happen every day that makes Life worth waking up for each day.

If we heard the geese 'honging' overhead no matter where we are we always stop and look up. Sometimes if we are 'in public' (like coming out of a store) and do that some people stop and look at us like 'what are you looking at?' and just walk away.

Still love to watch as the horses leave the barn first thing in the morning and head out to pasture. Some take off at a run - like they have to be first to get the grass.. . . . on the other side of the fence. LOL

Lori just LOVES watch bees go from flower to flower to flower - she could stay and watch them for a hour if we didn't have to head out somewhere.

For me it is the birds at the bird feeder, or a spider making a web.

and Yes that Ping sound is music to my ears. ha,ha

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Not sure about happy, but I can tell you what made me giggle today... :D

I borrowed DS's car to run into a nearby town to pick up a pizza for us. On the way back, I saw something yellow dancing around in a yard by a house. As I got closer, I saw it was 2 kids dressed in bright yellow banana suits, standing outside, dancing around and gesturing wildly, trying to get cars to honk their horns.

So naturally, I laughed and honked my horn, which they loved. :lol:

Apparently somebody has been getting their Halloween costumes ready... nana1.gif nana1.gif

:24: :24: :24:

When one of my pets does something silly like trying to shove his nose up my nose or crawl inside my hat.24.gif

Coming home to the smell of stock simmering in the crock-pot.yum3.gif

The way my garden smells right after I weed and water.biggrin.gif

Today at the gun show a 7yr old girl was selling card-stock "signs" that she made at her dad's table. I saw a few on tables around the show. Such enterprising ingenuity.thumbs.gif

Archived