MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Laptop About Dead

sassenach

:grinning-smiley-044:

This is one of those moments when you realize you are pretty broke when you can't afford to even get a cheapy laptop or notepad type device readily when yours is finally so old its not functioning well enough to guarantee internet access regularly.

I hold many of you fondly in my heart and mind and hope you would share your snail mail addresses with me at writingwoman59@yahoo.com please, send a refresher reminder even if you think I have it. I probably lost it as foggy as my organizing and such has been this year! I am putting together a hard copy notebook with addies now. Thank you so much.

(arby's snail mail address edited by Cat... please ask for it if you want it. Registered, "known" posters only.)

( if you want to).

I will keep working on regaining my health and stocking things up that I use all the time because times are hard for me anyway, its far cheaper than the store in town I feel so stuck with.

I don't know when I can replace the laptop with a device sufficient to get on mrs.s with at this point. I have too many other serious obligations and medical to deal with here.

I have both domestic and overseas stamps so feel free to drop me a line if you like.

Could be God is just deciding for me to work on absolute essentials at this time and for me to regain basics I feel I lost , all to my own good health as well. So back to more fundamentals. I guess its quieter that way and easier to focus anyhow!

:beat_deadhorse:

I can check emails at library and maybe at mha if I go in occasionally and can get on a computer there.

It takes me a long time to get to letter writing. There is much to be done here that was not done during spring and summer when I was so very ill and no help, so maybe this is just giving me time and energy to do what I really need to be doing and ability to focus better.

Have housing problems and have to work with overstretched systems as well but do not feel entitled and the cold reality is seeping in so snail mail is probably the best I can do over the next six months if this laptop dies completely and soon it looks like.

We all have our stuff to deal with and this is the best option I can think of while we still have postal service! LOL.

Keep your chins up folks, remember God is there for you, I know He's helping me get a better handle on things and there is certainly lots of room for improvement as roughened up as I have been. Grace is coming, understanding, resolve and less fear even as things get harder for everyone.

I will keep working on my 'stuff' and hope to resurface later.

Dearest arby, I'm sorry, but I can't allow you to post the snail mail address for your own safety. :wub: There's just way too much potential for harm.

I have edited it out and if a registered member wants to have it, I will gladly send it to them in a PM or an email, whichever they prefer.

Be safe, be healthy, and may God bless you and bring you back very soon.

:bighug2:

Life sure is getting harder for most of us isn't it? Take care Arby.

((((ARby)))) I know how computer problems can go. I went thru at least two years of very sporatic access to MrsS and my own email. One problem after another. I had a time when I was trying to drive to the libarary but that's not always possible for me....as it won't always be possible for you to reach that access point either. I went completely off line for several months too. :sad-smiley-012:

But finally now, I've been blessed with a 'bottom drawer' [as opposed to 'top shelf'] version of a laptop AND an extraordinary deal on fast internet service in our boonies. I pray that something will happen for you too, Arby. We, who do not get out much, need some way to socialize! If your computer does 'blow a gasket', be sure to drop us an update whenever you can.

MtRider BTDT :(

Thanks Cat. I understand, managed to get in here one more time. Had a good day, lining up intensive case management , might even be able to the roofers to get over here and do their job, they have been paid already, contract done and have the materials. Looks like a number of folks are all waiting on these roofers. If the roof falls in however , I guess I can maybe still get help from HUD as Im using them anyway.

Also to get help with lots of things I was running into difficulty with as we can get things arranged. It would help, alot at this point.

ok so if you want my snail mail just ask Cat! She's got it!

Went to a nice diabetic support group at the hospital tonight and had a good supper there. Nice folks and got some info and a diabetic magazine, so that should be helpful. Its called Diabetes Forecast, btw.

Good and tired and I exercised my very stiff left tricep muscle before going to the meeting by pulling and winding yarn... a way to rehab it slowly. I had alot of yarn to take care of so it got a good work out! :grinning-smiley-044:

Found my bulky and homespun and more sock yarn and rethought my mitten knitting, lol..... found the little gadgets and dpns and crochet hooks too and rearranged things. Cotton yarn for dish cloths and a tank top I want to knit up eventually. So that was great.

Of course the cat loves to 'help' with yarn..... but shes pretty good.

I am good and tired and the walking to and from the hospital for the meeting was nice too. So I am going to peruse posts for a bit and go to sleep early I think. Will try and make it back online but at this point it can be pretty iffy. There is plenty to keep me busy though!

Mt Rider I would love to get just a cheapy little 'notebook' too... but even that just is not in the cards for a while. Things are too tight and serious priorities have to be ironed out first but I will try and set something aside just for one of those small ones if something else doesn't work out first.

Archived