MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Makes me wanna cry...

From my married DD's FaceBook page...

Pork chops, baked potatoes, and steamed cheesy cauliflower for dinner. Tasted just like Mom's! I need to start cooking like this more often. :)

I really NEEDED this giggle this morning, too. :wub:

She called me a couple of night ago to ask how I do the cauliflower and my Parmesan noodles. I'm SO thrilled to watch her start to cook more! They eat out a lot.

One time when I took over some of my home-cooked food for lunch, her almost-two-year-old son spontaneously said *AWESOME!* :blink:

:24: :24: :24:

Wonderful news Cat. :cele:

I just handed my kids a cookbook, the grocery list and told them to pick a night. Dd2 will still need some help but #1 and Son are old enough to do the meal by themselves. The youngest two are planing desert with dinner. That's something I only do once a week but if it gets them cooking OK.

Son wants to do peanut butter pasta :unsure: I'm not a big PB fan.

http://www.eatmedeli...tter-pasta.html

One time my career oriented sister called me and ask how to make boiled potatoes

Edited by gofish

Awesome news Cat! DD helps with baking and some cooking. DS1 makes mac and cheese with help/supervision. I boil water, cook and drain and add noodles. He adds the milk, butter, cheese and does all the mixing. I figure, it's a great start for a 4 & 5 year old. They wanted to help make coffee, I let them push the button. No one messes with my coffee.

I have a recipe for Thai chicken and pasta that has peanut butter in the sauce. It's really good and easy.