MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Oh!  I thought they were gaining on those fires better.  :yar:    Did those 2 fires combine in the middle now?????  :o   So much more power/force when they get so big.  Begin to create their own weather.....like tornadoes, fire-nadoes, and thunder storms with significant hail.  Did they EVAC those towns on the bend of Highway 70....or is the fire too close further south?  They're surrounded in Globe, etc.  :pray:  

MtRider   ....so skeerry! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yup, but, the fire is headed our way.  Sigh. See the “e” in the screenshots? That’s how close the fires are to us.  Luckily, we have a lot of fields, planted with new cotton, and a lot of LEO facilities around us.  They won’t let it get close.  Will send out all unessential employees to stop it from getting here. 

All towns on the 70 have been evac’ed.  Globe managed, like Superior, to break the fire from destroying the cities.  Still, some houses got overtaken by the fire. Such a sadness.  Prayers for all in the way.  Including the fire fighters who are trying to stop it in 115° heat.  Terrible.  They are working at night to try to stop it.

• Sad 1
4 hours ago, Annarchy said:

Prayers for all in the way.  Including the fire fighters who are trying to stop it in 115° heat.  Terrible.  They are working at night to try to stop it.

Yeah, even slightly higher humidity levels at night dampen down the fire's progress.   And the heat....dressed as they do.....  :0327: 

Chills...remembering what I've seen in person too.  The winds blew from the east today....unusual for that area?  In some of our CO mountain fires, the national coordinators were confused by wind that came from 3 directions in the course of a single day.  Mountains do that....  :( 

MtRider  :pray: 

• Sad 1

Ann, if that fire is heading your way, I know you will be ready to evacuate. I know I would have car packed to the hilt. And ready to go if they said to evacuate.  Stay safe.

:pray: with you and everyone that is in line of any of these fires.  I don't know if it will help but there is a cyclone heading to the gulf, but not sure of direction.  Praying that rain will head in the way of those fires to help put them out.

• Like 2

A new fire has started yesterday, they said lightening…6,000 acres today.  Evacuation orders for Strawberry, located west of Payson.  God willing they can get it contained.   

Our next door neighbor lives there in the summer, and they run 2 businesses up there.  The other neighbor, next to them, turned on their AC today, so we know they are evacuating down here.  :sigh:

No evac for us, thank God!  We can see the smoke, but, it’s staying in the mountains.  We have noticed a plethora of birds and other wild life coming in the yard for the water we keep out for them.  

• Sad 3

I can’t even imagine the amount of damage to land and homes and infrastructure that has occurred with just these fires alone let alone all the other fires burning in the west.  And now drought.  Our son in CA is under strict water and electric conservation orders.:pray:

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

Will it come to that for all of us? 

I’m beginning to believe it will. It has been in the nineties here and close to 100 one day and the crops are really stressed.  We don’t usually have those temps until July or August. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

I remember......when you could nearly hear the crackle of the corn growing in the HOT and HUMID summer. 

But even at 9K in Rockies this year....we've been hot.  Not all day.  Not in the evening or night.  But later afternoon  :knary:   Reallly HOT! 

MtRider  :( 

• Sad 4

There has been talk, from my next door neighbor, who passed 2 years ago, he was attentively keeping tabs on our water..  within 3-5 years, our sources will be gone.  No tap water, ground water or any other source.  Which is why we are looking for an alternative place to live.  But, with having to take care of MIL, we have to stay put, for now.  

Telegraph Fire is at 180,000… Pinacle is at 28,000 and the Backbone Fire is already at 17,000+ acres.  It’s a nightmare…..

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Pinacle, south of us is 31,700+ acres and the Backbone Fire has surged to over 24,000 acres.  Sadly, it’s heading towards Strawberry.  

Forest service Fire Recovery, has set up a base on the Telegraph Fire …

99C2F2BF-6B30-4780-8420-BBF38266CD5A.jpeg

• Sad 3

Talked with granddaughter in CA. She said they can smell the fires from Arizona a little, but that is all. They are now under water restrictions though the weather she said has cooled down a bit today. She lives in Gilroy CA. She said with all the heat and lack of water, the deer are coming up to her door looking for water and eating plants that are dear resistant. She is having a security fence built where the archway to her front door and the area they keep their cars under carport to keep the deer from getting into those areas. 

Seems from what I have been hearing that their is going to be some big water shortages in many of the states. And Yellowstone is rearing it's ugly head. I saw pictures of the volcano and they are not even putting it on the news. 

• Sad 2

Backbone Fire is 1% contained, 38,000+ acres.  

Mt_Rider, we live in a slight valley, with the Superstition Mtn. surrounding the north & east, causing the air flow to go around us.  People in the Phoenix metro area, have mentioned yellow orange skies & lots of smoke.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1