MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Jeepers

Happy St. Pat’s to you too and to all the others.  The only thing green on me today are my eyes.  Does that count?  We are going to have colcannon tonight.  🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🧙‍♂️

No green here, but I do have a pot of corned beef, potatoes, carrots and eventually cabbage going on the stove.

What I'm really looking forward to are the Ruben sandwiches tomorrow lol

9 hours ago, Darlene said:

Sure do!

Have you ever fermented your own kraut? Several months ago I did 3 half-gallon jars with cabbage I was "gifted."

There is a YT channel called "Mary's Nest" and that is where I learned how to do it.

Description
I teach Traditional Cooking Skills for making "Nutrient Dense" Foods including Bone Broths, Cultured Dairy, Ferments, Sourdough Starter (my foolproof starter!) and Sourdough Bread, How to Soak and Sprout Grains, and Make Homemade Sprouted Flour. All from Scratch! Plus I also teach Home Canning Basics.

I'll show you how to be a Modern Pioneer in the Kitchen...no matter where you live!

I’m Mary and I’m a former New Yorker now living the simple life with my sweet husband in the Texas Hill Country.  And I've been a Modern Pioneer in the Kitchen cooking Traditional Foods for over 20 years.

So whether your kitchen is in a city apartment, in a house in the suburbs, or in a farmhouse in the country…come join me as we preserve traditional cooking skills and find joy living as Modern Pioneers in the Kitchen!

https://www.youtube.com/c/MarysNest/featured

1 minute ago, Midnightmom said:

Have you ever fermented your own kraut? Several months ago I did 3 half-gallon jars with cabbage I was "gifted."

There is a YT channel called "Mary's Nest" and that is where I learned how to do it.

Yep, I've been canning with various methods for decades. Kraut is an easy one. :)

Good for you on your gift though! Kraut is so healthy for digestion!

• Like 1

I read on Facebook today that St. Patrick's Day is over.  We can now go back to being our own nationalities.  That is until May 5th, when we can all become Mexican.

I know most here are American, not this or that, but I thought it was cute. :cheer:

• Haha 3