MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wood stove cooking

It was a bit to warm today to get the wood stove going. Now I am doing what I never want. Colder weather just so I can use the wood stove. But the colder weather is coming but hoping it will last a bit longer than just a couple of days and then warms up again. I hate yo yo weather. It needs to stay one way or the other. 

• Like 3
On 11/27/2022 at 5:42 PM, Littlesister said:

It was a bit to warm today to get the wood stove going. Now I am doing what I never want. Colder weather just so I can use the wood stove. But the colder weather is coming but hoping it will last a bit longer than just a couple of days and then warms up again. I hate yo yo weather. It needs to stay one way or the other. 

I know what you mean! We use ours in the morning and the evening, but it would be nice to actually have it going all day. Maybe this week! :)

• Like 1

I’ve been stuck in the balmy breezes in Miami for 6 weeks helping my parents and have sorely missed firing up my wood stove. I don’t have the cooking stove, but I have the one to heat the house. I do have other equipment for cooking like my big green egg and wood fire pizza oven that will make and bake just about anything from wood heat so like you, I love the aroma and taste of wood cooked foods and can’t wait to get home and fire up

my stove to heat the house and the other equipment to cook some foods. 

This constant warm weather is really making me miss the farm. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Littlesister said:

Weather turning cold again. So, will be lighting my stove up early in morning. Going to get those biscuits made in morning after the fire gets going and top of stove gets hot. 

Would love to hear how they turn out!! :cook::feedme:

• Like 1

The biscuits turned out really good. I did buttermilk biscuits. Only thing is I thought it was going to turn cold again and instead I woke to 60* weather. So fired the stove up anyway. Yep, I had to open the doors and turn on all the fans. It got rather hot in house. That stove will heat the whole house for sure. I love it but need some colder weather before I fire it up again. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Littlesister said:

The biscuits turned out really good. I did buttermilk biscuits. Only thing is I thought it was going to turn cold again and instead I woke to 60* weather. So fired the stove up anyway. Yep, I had to open the doors and turn on all the fans. It got rather hot in house. That stove will heat the whole house for sure. I love it but need some colder weather before I fire it up again. 

Wonderful!! So glad I you got to make them! 😊

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...