MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Out Of The Ordinary

Jeepers

OOTO or anyone else for that matter.

Our Giant Eagle is giving away 2 free boxes of Special K cereal. They have 4 different flavors. Original, Vanilla and Almonds, Yogurt Clusters and Red Berries. 

I don't know if your store has it or just ours. Sign said they over bought. 

I got 2 Vanilla and Almonds. They are 12.9 oz, with an expiration date of 2/23.

If it's something your family can eat, you can go in and then send your DH in assuming your store has it.

image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Those make great jam bars.  It is pretty sugary so I usually serve them as a dessert.  

Jam Bars

1 1/4 c flour

1 c brown sugar

3/4 c butter

2c Cereal

Mix all and press about 3c into a greased pan.  

8oz cream cheese

1/4 c brown sugar

1 egg

Mix and spread over cereal.  

3/4c jam --I like raspberry, but any will do.

Spread jam over cream cheese.  Top with remaining cereal mixture --dotted and crumbly on top.  Bake 350F 30m.  Cool and cut into bars.  

• Like 3

I'm going back today to see if there are any left. I didn't want to go twice in one day. Wanted to give other people a chance first. I was surprised they didn't donate them to the food bank but I'm glad they are giving their customers a shot at them. Good P.R. especially since a Meijers opened up in our area. 

• Like 2

I made it back to the store yesterday and got two more boxes of cereal. I kind of feel like a mooch but only kind of. I do buy something when I go in. Yesterday it was brussels sprouts. Today I plan to get some bananas and if the deal is still on, two more boxes. That was a real windfall for me. I looked up the price online at Giant Eagle and they are $4.79 a box. I've saved nearly $20.00. Not really saved because I wouldn't have paid almost five dollars for a box of cereal but you know what I mean. And I will eat it. I love anything vanilla flavor or scented. 

• Like 1