MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The Can Can

This is quite an aerobic "exercise." Not even going to try to keep up with these ladies - get tired just watching them!

Hope  you enjoy this few minutes of fun. :D :P

Me, doing my version of the dance. :whistling:  :hapydancsmil:

ETA: I just noticed that this orchestra does not have any violins or other string instruments .... it is all woodwinds, brass, and and some drums. 

Edited by Midnightmom
  • Like 3

Note that when this dance originated, underpants were generally sewn as more or less a pair of tubes connected up by the waist.  ONLY up by the waist.:band2:

Edited by Ambergris
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ambergris said:

Note that when this dance originated, underpants were generally sewn as more or less a pair of tubes connected up by the waist.  ONLY up by the waist.:band2:

Those ‘undies’ were considered healthy at the time.  The Victorians considered the fresh air was good for the nether parts.  Besides they were extremely convenient for women who wore long dresses and hooped skirts or lived in times of necessity like prairie travels. They were extremely convenient on the trail when no trees were available.

The ‘can can’ however, took full advantage of the open crotch ‘pantaloons’ to add a little ‘spice’ to dancing! :24:

• Haha 3