MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Another new Mrs. from New England

Hello, my name is Nora, and I live in New England with my husband and our 4 kiddos. We are urban homesteaders (1/2 acre of land, bordering hundreds of acres of public forests), and beginning preppers. Camping, hunting, hiking, fishing, canoeing, gardening, canning, dehydrating, sewing, natural foods/cleaners, frugality...all stuff I love.

I grew up in an "odd" way. We lived completely off-grid, starting in a tent, then one room cabin, then a foundation with one room cabin on top (cabin rolled down the hill into place on logs,) and now that I am 33, their house is finally (almost) complete :) They have never been in debt for their home, and we built as we had money and time for materials. Hauling water and wood in the winter, harvesting tons of veggies and wild edibles in the summer...didn't seem so wonderful when I was a child but I appreciate it so much more now.

I'm really looking forward to learning more from all of you :)

Hi Nora. I am over in the Adirondacks and may have questions about foraging wild edibles and such things since you have more practically applied experience in that venue.

sounds like this is all your kind of life!

I am stuck in a small apartment in the middle of the Adirondacks so if I just step outside , its available but I have no place to garden although I am trying to remedy that. Maybe.

Maybe one day I will have my own place ;)

Thank you all for the warm welcome :) I'm figuring out how the forum threads are, and have really enjoyed reading them! I'd be happy to answer whatever questions I can, though I'm "in the trenches" like everyone else and may not have all of the answers :) Questions about my child hood are easy to answer, and I have many fond memories :yum3: (with all of these cool emoticons, how do you ever get anything accomplished here? :lol:)

Thanks again!

PS

This is the only website that my husband has encouraged me to spend time on! :24:

Edited by Nor'Easter