MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Nanomasks

Freetobeme

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think everyone will have different needs...

if you work outside the home, perhaps one every day or one every other day... Maybe 2 a day, depending on if you can lock yourself up in an office most of the time or if you have to deal with the public.

I would certainly think you will need one each time you enter into a sick room, removing it and disposing it after you leave. What is the length of time a person will be contagious?

I would also think that putting one on and going to the store you could use one several times.

Just a note to self... Gloves! I need white gloves I can bleach.

Thanks Westbrook...I think I will check. Has anyone checked Wal-Mart to see if they carry it? I have some quick searching around town to do and then order online if I can't find them!

I am getting more and more overwhelmed about these masks....I cannot afford a lot, so how much do I spend? Which ones do I buy? Those Nano Masks are not NIOSH approved, so that concerned me....how were you able to be sure that those would be effective? decisions....decisions...decisions...have I told you I hate making decisions?

Speaking of masks. I found N95 rated masks at our local Walgreen store. They were two for $5 and I didn't buy any but may have to. That's one area I'm NOT ready for because we live so close to the nuclear plant I'm leaning more towards something that would work for that also and those are pricey. Guess I need to get off the fence and choose.

I found Niosh approved N-95 masks at Wal-mart for $1.88 each. I bought 3....and I figure I will just buy a few every time I go to Wal-mart....1-2 times a month. We may place an order online too...not sure yet!

Okay....after much thought, I decided that I was going to buy more masks after doing a ton of reading online. The ones that appeared to me that were some of the better one's were the 3M 1860 and 3M 1870 Health Care Particulate Respiratory Masks...Niosh approved. So...I did it...I ordered a case! Whew...the decision is over and now I don't have to think about it anymore! LOL!

• 3 months later...

Archived