MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Flu map

Freetobeme

Cool site. I love that it goes by state, then county.

Cavey got an offer for three nights free in Las Vegas, no strings, and wants to go down for three nights in December. I'll be watching Vegas.

Snowmom, I got my flu shot last Monday, THEN found out that most clinics are later this year because they expect any outbreak to begin later, and the flu to last longer into 2006

Do you all really do flu shots?

I have never had one - and I rarely get sick -but I am always on some kind of vitamin/herb. I really believe in vitamin C and will give 4000 -6000 milligrams to even my 8 year old if he is coming down with something.

I also read Capsicum which is the same as cyann (sp?) pepper is one of the best herbs to activate the healing response in our bodies. This is from Steve Horne who wrote the ABC Herbal which is a really basic book with lots of great info inside. He also says you should starve a fever & a cold - he recommends you fast when you feel yourself coming down with something and let the body completely concentrate on healing itself.

Also what about Colloidal Silver? There is an add (in Mother Earth News) that seems to proclaim it the answer to Bio-Terrorism (not that I believe adds in general) but does anyone know anything about this stuff?

Mare, you got a flu shot?

Around here you can't get one unless you are under 2

or a senior citizen.

Now the flumist is for anyone. My children are getting

the flumist next week. I had one child get it today.

She said when it went down her throat it tasted nasty.

I think I'll skip mine this year.

I'm considered high risk since I've had heart and kidney failure. Also, a simple cold for me can quickly progress into pneumonia.

There is no shortage of vaccine this year, so you shouldn't have any problem getting a shot.

Grubby, check out the news section, then current events and read the piece on Flumist nasal sprays.

I'd not heard of that before, but anyway the article might interest you.

I'll be seeing my allergy doctor soon and I made a long list of questions to ask him. He's more holistically inclined so I hope to learn.

My daughter is very prone to pneumonia. I saw here doctor

writing down lots of notes when she got pneumonia this

year. Already, and winter isn't even here yet!

The kids doctor told us that the Flumist covered a wider

range of flues and that is what she has her kids get.

My oldest daughter got a flu shot last year and her arm

swelled up like a ballon and she didn't feel well. For

days after the shot it felt like she had a rock under her

skin. After that we felt like she shouldn't have anymore

shots, only Flumist.

It's something you have to weigh from year to year. This

is the second year we have done the flu thing, shot or mist.

Grubby, I am very prone to getting pneumonia too, following a cold, and I seem to get it every spring. Last winter my Dr. thought it might be related to allergies and started treating me for allergies with Zyrtec, in February. 2005 (so far) has been the first year in many that I did not get Pneumonia. You might ask him about it.

Archived